NameSilo

You want to see some decent domain landers?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jberryhill

Top Member
John Berryhill, Ph.d., Esq.
Impact
Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 10.40.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 10.37.57 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 10.37.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 10.37.18 AM.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Seems to be loading okay,

Just wondering from the extensive data that you all have at fabulous what do you believe is getting more results as far as putting the options below in the Landers:

- Inquire about price
- Make offer only (no min offer)
- Make offer only (with min offer)
- Buy now only
- Buy now with make offer (no min offer)
- Buy now with make offer (with min offer)
- Any other option that you know of

Also if you would please break down the choices above for different caliber domains and price expectations.

These are the questions that a lot of domainers are trying to find the answer to, so I am sure everyone here will appreciate it if you would give us a thorough analysis of all these different options based on the vast data that fabulous has been able to collect over the years.

Also for min offers please indicate the amount relative to the caliber and price of the domain for each applicable option.

Thanks in advance

@oldtimer - Happy New Year!

I wish I had some data/info I could share here, but unfortunately I don't. Whilst there are customers that utilize our parking solution and for sale banner, for privacy and confidentiality reasons we don't track the performance of customers for sale landers.

I do manage a small internal portfolio (35-40K domains). What I have done with the portfolio is the following:

Domains that are valued below $10K are set to Buy It Now and listed across the various sales platforms, with fast transfer where possible. The For Sale link rotates between going to a Fabulous checkout page and to an Afternic inquiry form. (I'm a big cheerleader for testing, testing, testing). An example of the Fab BIN lander can be found here.

Afternic have a much bigger sales team than myself, which is beneficial when they can put more man power and energy behind following up leads. Often they are more readily available for a phone call if a buyer might feel more comfortable speaking with someone before making a purchase.

Anything above $10K is listed as Make Offer. Again, this is split/rotated to a Fab branded lead capturing page and Afternic, for reasons already mentioned. An example of the Fab For Sale lander can be found here.

I can't stress enough the importance of having domains listed for sale on both Afternic and Sedo for the registrar distribution opportunities.

I hope that helps in some way.

Mike

•••
@oldtimer - Happy New Year!

I wish I had some data/info I could share here, but unfortunately I don't. Whilst there are customers that utilize our parking solution and for sale banner, for privacy and confidentiality reasons we don't track the performance of customers for sale landers.

I do manage a small internal portfolio (35-40K domains). What I have done with the portfolio is the following:

Domains that are valued below $10K are set to Buy It Now and listed across the various sales platforms, with fast transfer where possible. The For Sale link rotates between going to a Fabulous checkout page and to an Afternic inquiry form. (I'm a big cheerleader for testing, testing, testing). An example of the Fab BIN lander can be found here.

Afternic have a much bigger sales team than myself, which is beneficial when they can put more man power and energy behind following up leads. Often they are more readily available for a phone call if a buyer might feel more comfortable speaking with someone before making a purchase.

Anything above $10K is listed as Make Offer. Again, this is split/rotated to a Fab branded lead capturing page and Afternic, for reasons already mentioned. An example of the Fab For Sale lander can be found here.

I can't stress enough the importance of having domains listed for sale on both Afternic and Sedo for the registrar distribution opportunities.

I hope that helps in some way.

Mike

@Mike Robertson

Thanks for the detailed reply,

both landers look very nice,

Currently I am forwarding most of my domains directly to the Afternic results page like the one for:

SuperEncrypted.com

Which is currently set to make offer, but I am thinking about changing my domains to Buy Now in the near future.

Just out of curiosity what would you set the Buy Now price for SuperEncrypted.com

In your opinion is this a three figure domain or a six figure one or something in between.

I can find some good domains to register (at least good in my opinion) but I have a very hard time pricing my domains.

PS: Happy New Year to you too (and to everyone else at Fabulous)

I have used Fabulous on and off over the years and consider it as one of my favorite registrars.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
We're close to launching a self-hosted domain lander service. We will be announcing it very soon. Just have a few things to iron out. It is our first major launch of 2021.

The benefits are you can use any fulfillment source, either on your own portfolio site or any of the marketplaces.

You will also be able to promote your money sites or affiliate links.

Also, you can SEO your domain landers, connect to your social pages, and add unlimited content.

Plus, there are many other features that will be announced shortly.

Here is a beta sample:

VegasLegalServices.com

More examples coming up.

Last edited:
•••
@Mike Robertson

Thanks for the detailed reply,

both landers look very nice,

Currently I am forwarding most of my domains directly to the Afternic results page like the one for:

SuperEncrypted.com

Which is currently set to make offer, but I am thinking about changing my domains to Buy Now in the near future.

Just out of curiosity what would you set the Buy Now price for SuperEncrypted.com

In your opinion is this a three figure domain or a six figure one or something in between.

I can find some good domains to register (at least good in my opinion) but I have a very hard time pricing my domains.

PS: Happy New Year to you too (and to everyone else at Fabulous)

I have used Fabulous on and off over the years and consider it as one of my favorite registrars.

IMO

@oldtimer - I've just sent you a DM re. SuperEncrypted.com

And thanks for being a loyal and happy Fabulous customer. If you ever need assistance with anything you can reach me here or [email protected]. Or our 24 hour support team is available here.

•••
I don't have a lot of time today, so perhaps someone nice might come along and explain why I like these.
Seller’s assertion of good faith in marketing the generic meaning of the word. Anyone landing on the page would not confuse it with a TM.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back