IT.COM

You want to see some decent domain landers?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jberryhill

Top Member
John Berryhill, Ph.d., Esq.
Impact
Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 10.40.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 10.37.57 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 10.37.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 10.37.18 AM.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you want to live happy then

Never argue with a lawyer or your wife.

•••
I'm going to call a potential bluff.......and say you don't like any of them and if anyone says you do.......you will say why you don't....

Oooooooohhhh... I wish I'd thought of that. Gonna save that one.

I actually like these. For all I know, there is someone in some obscure hellhole who might have a trademark in "perishable" for some nonsense that nobody's ever heard of.

A "for sale" page doesn't really convey what might motivate someone to buy a domain name. However, a sales page with a sales pitch extolling why the domain has meaning and why someone might want to buy it, can go a long way toward explaining why the name has objective value.

•••
I don't have a lot of time today, so perhaps someone nice might come along and explain why I like these.

•••
I don't have a lot of time today, so perhaps someone nice might come along and explain why I like these.
They are simple, clean layout and have the dictionary definition or a description of those generic words.
By the way, the Docket one points to a Dan page saying that the domain has been already sold?

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Thoughts on this lander - http://perch.com/ ?
To add on it, it seems like a quick mix of Brandbucket landers with Efty ones :xf.confused:
Work on the responsive as well, many people forget that roughly the majority of users online nowadays are on mobile.
And you can use fonts as well, Open sans is not the best IMO

•••
I'm going to call a potential bluff.......and say you don't like any of them and if anyone says you do.......you will say why you don't....

Or I'm completely wrong and you will explain in due course......then the egg imprint will take a while to leave my face....

•••
Food for thought. Got inspired. Thanks.

•••
Yes, my Uncle is a QC and now is a Judge

•••
Dont most Judges start out as lawyers?
Or Prosecutors? One of the highest echelon.
Have work your way up diligently somehow :sneaky:

Yes a Judge begins as a lawyer.

•••
•••

#1 no ads, especially ones you have no control over; that could easily put the domain owner on a mine

•••
@gericsb and @Gube I appreciate the feedback re. Perch.com. I will pass them on to my design team for attention.

•••
Thoughts on this lander - http://perch.com/ ?

I think the size, font, and the colors of the title looks very nice where it says your domain is for sale, but I would change everything else with regular size font and colors, I would also add a background like what I have for my placeholder website at:

NorthStarDomains.com

Please note: I don't have that much experience with building websites and am not actively selling domains, but that doesn't mean that I can't have an opinion about what looks good or not. :rolleyes:

Also as many of the oldtimers in the domain Industry know a good looking Lander might not necessarily correlate with getting clicks as it might take the attention away from the domain itself. It's kind of like some of the ads on TV where the viewer is so impressed by the story of the ad that they forget the name of the product or company that was associated with that ad. So you have to be careful so the design and colors of the Lander don't take the attention away from the domain itself.

IMO

Yes a Judge begins as a lawyer.

I believe you have to be an attorney at law (not a lawyer).

Perhaps JB can explain the difference.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
I think the size, font, and the colors of the title looks very nice where it says your domain is for sale, but I would change everything else with regular size font and colors, I would also add a background like what I have for my placeholder website at:

NorthStarDomains.com

Please note: I don't have that much experience with building websites and am not actively selling domains, but that doesn't mean that I can't have an opinion about what looks good or not. :rolleyes:

Also as many of the oldtimers in the domain Industry know a good looking Lander might not necessarily correlate with getting clicks as it might take the attention away from the domain itself. It's kind of like some of the ads on TV where the viewer is so impressed by the story of the ad that they forget the name of the product or company that was associated with that ad. So you have to be careful so the design and colors of the Lander don't take the attention away from the domain itself.

IMO

Thanks @oldtimer, I appreciate you taking the time to comment and provide feedback.

•••
Seems to be loading okay,

Just wondering from the extensive data that you all have at fabulous what do you believe is getting more results as far as putting the options below in the Landers:

- Inquire about price
- Make offer only (no min offer)
- Make offer only (with min offer)
- Buy now only
- Buy now with make offer (no min offer)
- Buy now with make offer (with min offer)
- Any other option that you know of

Also if you would please break down the choices above for different caliber domains and price expectations.

These are the questions that a lot of domainers are trying to find the answer to, so I am sure everyone here will appreciate it if you would give us a thorough analysis of all these different options based on the vast data that fabulous has been able to collect over the years.

Also for min offers please indicate the amount relative to the caliber and price of the domain for each applicable option.

Thanks in advance

@oldtimer - Happy New Year!

I wish I had some data/info I could share here, but unfortunately I don't. Whilst there are customers that utilize our parking solution and for sale banner, for privacy and confidentiality reasons we don't track the performance of customers for sale landers.

I do manage a small internal portfolio (35-40K domains). What I have done with the portfolio is the following:

Domains that are valued below $10K are set to Buy It Now and listed across the various sales platforms, with fast transfer where possible. The For Sale link rotates between going to a Fabulous checkout page and to an Afternic inquiry form. (I'm a big cheerleader for testing, testing, testing). An example of the Fab BIN lander can be found here.

Afternic have a much bigger sales team than myself, which is beneficial when they can put more man power and energy behind following up leads. Often they are more readily available for a phone call if a buyer might feel more comfortable speaking with someone before making a purchase.

Anything above $10K is listed as Make Offer. Again, this is split/rotated to a Fab branded lead capturing page and Afternic, for reasons already mentioned. An example of the Fab For Sale lander can be found here.

I can't stress enough the importance of having domains listed for sale on both Afternic and Sedo for the registrar distribution opportunities.

I hope that helps in some way.

Mike

•••
explain why I like these

Uniqueness? This is the reason why I always prefer to develop own landers... This particular case (landers posted in this thread) makes me think about the following - what things should a domainer take in account to respect copyrights... I mean one cannot simply go to images dot google dot com and save the best "mountains" image to use on his website.... And, with a lot of domains + above design idea, a lot of unique images may be needed (purchased, licensed, public domain / less unique/, etc).

•••
And, with a lot of domains + above design idea, a lot of unique images may be needed (purchased, licensed, public domain / less unique/, etc).

Good point. I believe there are some online purveyors of stock images who have reasonable deals on entire collections.

•••
•••
What if you're a judge? No one argues with him?

Dont most Judges start out as lawyers?
Or Prosecutors? One of the highest echelon.
Have work your way up diligently somehow :sneaky:

Last edited:
•••
Appreciate your participation in the forums.
Your Registrar has a fabulous domain name.

Samer
Thanks Samer. I used to be more active (on all forums), but just don't seem to have as much time anymore. In 2021, I'll try and make a conscious effort to stop by and participate more.

•••
•••
They reinforce the underappreciated and under-understood fact that attractive domain names have more viable applications than one and more viable buyers than one.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back