NameSilo

You can't move domains out of Enom easily

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
Click on the domain click on General settings, click send outcode. Authcode is not sent instead you are back at domain main page. Then you have to click general settings again. Each switch takes 10 seconds. So 1 second of work, can MAYBE be completed after 1 minute, if you are lucky.
This is the way they keep domains at Enom. If they didn't raise prices suddenly I wouldn't wake up and continue renewing there.

Replace NOM with VIL.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And you can click "send authcode" link 50 times, they may still NOT send ONE email. I know a few browser tricks to get email after a few minutes, but for others this may take days. it is like you apply for a job and you realize this job is very bad and decide to leave, but they lock the doors so you can't move out. You have to invent tricks to survive.

•••
Isn't it something you could automate with their API (I haven't checked) ?

Of course, not many registrars make it easy to transfer out. Enom is no worse than average I think.

•••
try netsol its even more fun

•••
I always thought Enom was one of the easier registrars to deal with. Are you sure the contact information on your name is correct and the emails aren't going to someone else?

and lol @ Network Solutions - where they keep your Auth code hostage for a few days so they can try to upsell you some bogus services.

•••
try netsol its even more fun
It's instant, just call them & get your auth code. No need to login even.

Edited:- Maybe its only for me or some others but it's worked.

Last edited:
•••
Not just AUTH codes...
Try any bulk operation... change nameservers per 10 domains, for example...

Overall, I don't see any reasons to use eNomCentral even if their processing will be instant.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back