NameSilo

You all decide am I right or is Sedo right (Part 2 fastfood.com)

Spaceship
Watch
Sedo ethics part 2 --

Sedo published domain sale of fastfood.com for 250k usd somewhere between 2013-15. Someone made an offer of 250k usd for fastfood and then it was on auction for 7 days and domain was shown sold for 250k usd.
I followed that auction as I was interested in fastfood but 250k was out of my reach that time.
Everywhere on domain forums , dnjournal , namebio it was mentioned that fastfood was sold for 250k usd.

You all know what. That auction was never paid. And sedo and dave evanson did not care to issue a public info on the same. They all lied.
So in 2018 i made an offer of 95k usd for fastfood.com which was immediately accepted ( in just a min of making an offer ). I was about to send money next day ..
But through my meditation and Indian Mantra power I came to know that all this was a trap from sedo .. the fastfood price of 250k was a lie and auction was never paid.
If i am lying about this I challenge to all domainers to ask about it from sedo..
I refused to pay 250k usd and asked sedo to cancel the deal as they did for hormone.com with me.
Sedo refused. They said i have to pay commission of 12-14k usd for fastfood.
I asked Dave evanson when sale has not taken place , why should I pay commission. And why sedo did not bother to issue a public statement mentioning that their previous public release of 250k for fastfood was a lie. They must have cleared the air.
Sedo refused and blocked my account. Even though i joined sedo in 2011.
This kind of ethics sedo has and these hifi brokers have.
Sedo be sure India is not your playground and time has come now to create a transparent and ethical domain platform. I have never been to any domain conference and have no touch with any Indian domainer but i will do whatever I need to do so that sedo does not play it's dirty tricks with anyone else.
I also feel that selling price of kush.com is far greater than 500k but the seller has been given only 500k ..

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It seems you are childhood underwear buddy of larry page .
My friend, with due respect, I would suggest you to calm down a bit. The title of your thread says "You decide......". Then why not understand what everyone here is suggesting and try to analyse and learn from the same, rather than sticking to your own notion ?

I would suggest, it would be a great gesture if you could just calm down and try to understand in what direction the members here are leading you. It is for your own good if you can learn what they are trying to explain you regarding where you have gone wrong. There is no harm in accepting that you have made a mistake to some extent. So just take that learning, close this thread and move on with life. There's a lot more out there to be dealt with and can be repaired. Wish you the best.

•••
Isn't it about time namepros closed this thread. (and part 1) it isn't going anywhere. Mr barybadrinath has vented his anger, Anybody that has read about his losses in domaining can see where he's coming from. I too have lost domains in the past due to stupid mistakes/oversights etc. But I don't go on and on about it. I'd rather keep my mistakes to myself.

Gotta love the fact that anybody that disagrees with him, Is either an agent of Sedo, a Devil worshiper, or just pure anti-Asian

•••
The only thing that profits from threads like these is my NP 'Ignore' list.

No No No - you are wrong

Try reading it first thing in the morning over a nice warm cup of coffee, it provides me with my entertainment value for the day.

•••
@barybadrinath

Get out of here.

I don't know you, never contacted you or never visited India to let you know that this sale was a lie.

You are Hysterical!

He's been like this since the start, Lets make-up a bit of personal crap about any negative response Infuriate the poster to respond and keep my ego trip going.

Such behavior would close any other thread

•••
I took my time to dislike all his posts on this thread.

Not because I care about him but because I care about our beautiful community on nP.

I wonder how many dislikes would it take to get him banned from the forum.

This is post #340

I can't imagine how many hours have been spent by folks who tried to help him by posting to his thread.

and this is what you get in return.. :blackeye:

•••
Maybe it's your poor understanding of the English language in context, which seems to be your problem through out your posts

Accept = acknowledge its presence in reality. Doesn't mean you agree. I accept that some states of America carry out the death penalty doesn't mean I agree with the practice

Nope I wouldn't attempt to communicate on an Indian speaking board either

Last edited:
•••
Folks will use their own brain. Dont worry about them.

Shame you don't seem to have one to use.

I promise that's my last post here, Its been fun for a while... Please take the time to reply at least five times barybad. It was disappointing to only see four consecutive slaggings after a previous post.. You can do better than that.. Go for ten

•••
Yes. Because one of your gang members has accepted the fact that there is manipulation of data by sedo..
This is all what I was trying to prove.
Using the word " manipulation of data" is enough for federal authorities to start an investigation in all sedo's reported domain name sales since the start of sedo till today...
I have blocked this guy and suggest every sane person on here do the same.......

Only the second time I have done this.....

•••
What did sedo do. Really are you asking this question.
No. I said "Yes, I can deny." That's not a question. Even a 7 year old child knows that.

•••
This is what happens when domainers blindly trust sales records (or when domainers try to exploit sales records to their advantage)...

upload_2019-1-3_9-31-4.png

1546536579092.jpg

Last edited:
•••
"You all decide"

Add a pool to vote and youve got your answer, to me its crystal clear.
And it just seems to me like pretty much (95%) of all others aswell think you are not quite in the right here, sooo if we all decide, then youve got the answer crystal clear by now, accept it or not, but its a fact. Move on.

•••
No man. You are wrong .
Dont try to act on sedo's instructions.
Does sedo not have a moral obligation to issue public release again that their previous release was never paid

I am not a big fan of Sedo, but if you entered into an agreement and didn't paid for the domain, you can't blame them for banning you, you could see that coming. Even you want the domain or not, no matter if the domain sold or not. I don't think Sedo is the one who tricked you into the feeling the domain sold for $250k (if someone).

•••
So you placed a bid on a name that you felt had been previously sold for 250k.
You placed a low ball offer, hoping to grab a bargain
After placing a legally binding bid you found out the previous "sale" had never taken place
You then retracted your offer

I think they might of got it from the below site......

https://www.thedomains.com/2015/12/...n-sales-tops-1m-total-sales-tops-1-6-billion/
Thanks...
I guess now some very very big domainer website reported it on which I trusted.

Sorry all it was 500k reported not 250k usd so thats why I tried to acquire it for 95k usd... Is it a mistake to buy domains for flipping or its allowed only for those professionals who are regular buddies in parties hosted by sedo at the beaches or wheresoever...
95% of the money which sedo have earned are owned by someone else .. sedo never owned them....
Same we can also do but we don't cheat people and we dont lay traps to catch bigger fishes nor we have any fabricated testimonials on your website to attract people...

•••
Thanks...
I guess now some very very big domainer website reported it on which I trusted.

Sorry all it was 500k reported not 250k usd so thats why I tried to acquire it for 95k usd... Is it a mistake to buy domains for flipping or its allowed only for those professionals who are regular buddies in parties hosted by sedo at the beaches or wheresoever...
95% of the money which sedo have earned are owned by someone else .. sedo never owned them....
Same we can also do but we don't cheat people and we dont lay traps to catch bigger fishes nor we have any fabricated testimonials on your website to attract people...

At this point it just sounds like you are bitter... you only wanted it when you thought someone was stupid enough to sell a $500k domain for $95k.

If your whole strategy and valuation of the domain was based on "it last sold for $500k" ... you really need to examine your due diligence strategy.

•••
Nothing wrong with lowball offers (I have a few thrown at me), that's why I said you where trying to get a bargain.

My main issue is similar to most posters - you backed out of a legally binding bid, which is not cool.

As previously mentioned, you should of conducted thorough due diligence before placing that bid.....

It is not a lowball offer, it was an offer that was instantly accepted. He got the "bargain" he was after.

Then when it got real, he backed out.

•••
Show me where it says any big company is Allowed to report false sales..
Is this a joke going on or is it shell bidding kind of activity..

They reported sale as industry standard when the deal was agreed.

Deal fell through.

Should they have posted a retraction? Eh, I think so.
Do they have to? Not at all. You could of at any time gone on whois to verify if domain transfer actually happened.

•••
Maybe you shouldn’t base your offers on past sales fake or not. You seem very riled up when you sir backed out of a deal and are in the wrong.

Sedo has every right to show you the door. You should have done your due diligence before you made the offer. If the name was never sold the last time I am sure that false bidder like yourself was shown the door.

This post makes you look bad not Sedo.

•••
Thats what i am asking. How else should i have done research.. whom should I have asked , where should I have checked.
Are you saying all these domain newsletters to which you might be also subscribed , not credible enough..

Um for starters go on freaking Whois and do a basic search!

You can also do a screen history to see if anything changed in time.

All of it is there... accessible from anywhere.

•••
The sale was reported by DNPric.es it was not listed @Namebio @Michael

The auction ended in 2014

https://sedo.com/search/details/?aid=175890&partnerid=44384&tracked=&language=us&origin=partner

so there we go.. Auction closed... but nowhere does it say the deal closed and paid for.
If there is an issue, go after DNPric.es who just likely wanted to get the first scoop on it and posted it without verifying.... NOWHERE does it say Sedo said it sold and closed for $500k.

•••
Yea we can only be shamed but not sedo and others who are big in domaining..their wrong deeds are always right and ours are always wrong .if this world's justice system would have to run according to your wish then I understand whom you will favour

There are things we can shame Sedo for but nowhere as per the last few posts, did Sedo say the domain sold. No credible source reported it sold and paid for.

Auction ended, that is all that showed.

•••
Lots of sales are faked or not paid for, but that does not justify backing out of a sale years later. You are in the wrong.

•••
"" Another example if you were trying see what a domain name like FastDrive.com is worth you would find these other “Similar Sales”:

fastfood.com June 2014 $ 500,000 Sedo auction ""

What does similar sale mean then ???

That was a quote from DNPric.es who doesn't mean anything in this business. Sedo puts out a weekly sales report, @Ron Jackson and @Michael document them. What DNPric.es said meant nothing, absolutely nothing.

•••
And if sedo can't watch over what other websites are writing about sedo sales than I think sedo must find a way for it.
At last there are not much websites who post name sales

Oh give me a freaking break...

I suppose you are going to say that Donald Trump should have 100% control over every bad comment said about him?

Or Google, or Apple?

It is your fault for blinding believing fake news. Go after the site that falsely claimed it sold when it did not.

•••
Hey man I have made my point. My point was for new domainers irrespective of the part of world. You may have sold or bought lot of domains but still you can't justify wrong doings of sedo fully.
Sedo is at fault as well and let new domainers decide on their own..

So far not one person here has said Sedo did anything wrong. And I sell very little domains, I mostly buy and develop then sell or add to portfolio. lol.

Again, you were given FACTS that sedo never said it was sold. Unless you live in North Korea, you have access to the same websites everyone else does. You believed some made up story and never bothered to verify it with Sedo or any credible sources.

What is most bothersome here is your lack of ethics and wanting to find someone else responsible for your own mistakes.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back