IT.COM

news Yorkshire.com domain name up for sale after collapse of tourist board

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kingslayer

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
20k is cheap is for Yorkshire.com....

The backlink profile is the nuts......

Domain Rating 76
Backlinks 207,397 - 90% do follow
Reffering Domains 13,212

Would love to own it.......

•••
20k is cheap is for Yorkshire.com....

The backlink profile is the nuts......

Domain Rating 76
Backlinks 207,397 - 90% do follow
Reffering Domains 13,212

Would love to own it.......
Good old Yorkshire

•••
I hope the buyer has a good action plan straight away because making 5k a month from ads should not be difficult if they know what they are doing. However, the longer they wait, the value for the ad side of things will drop a lot.

Last edited:
•••
Not worth 20k + VAT imho. Lancashire.com is more like it...

Last edited:
•••
Great price for a .com domain for a city with a population of 5.4 million people.

•••
A war of the roses reference I see......Get both and create a dynasty....similar to the Tudors :xf.wink:

•••
Great price for a .com domain for a city with a population of 5.4 million people.
Yorkshire is a county in the U.K
York, Leeds, Bradford etc etc would be cities in Yorkshire....

•••
The 'Affiliate Marketers' will definitely be chasing Yorkshire.com, it is literally as close as you could get to a gold mine for them.

I would be very surprised if this does not easily reach into the 6 figures.

•••
If anyone based in the UK wants to discuss a potential JV send me a DM :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Disagree and disagree but you get awarded brownie points for both controvery and humour. Yorkshire.com is definitely worth 20 stacks. Aside from pub banter, Yorkshire is FAR FAR FAR superior to Lancashire in terms of tourism. See https://www.visitbritain.org/nation-region-county-data. As a side note, if you include Manchester teams in Lancashire, and I do, then Lancashire is FAR FAR FAR superior to Yorkshire in terms fo football success. Which is more important, football or tourism? You decide. Lancashire.com is not worth 20 stacks.

•••
•••
•••
•••
It seems that the auction has been cancelled as now the listing on the auction site is no longer available.

I have contacted the auctioneers enquiring about the present state of play and will post any news I get.

•••
Just a quick update here as to 'my understanding'.

I received a bland reply from the auctioneers but on further research it seems the receivers for the Yorkshire Tourist Board company have accepted a presently undisclosed offer for the 'whole business', and yes this includes the circa. 200 domain names owned by the company including Yorkshire.com.

It will be interesting to know how much the business sold for but I doubtt if it actually represented what could have been obtained as a whole of the constituent parts if they had sold seperately. But hey-ho, that is how business sometimes works. :(

•••
Update. The yorkshire.com website is fully developed and operational.

•••
Update. The yorkshire.com website is fully developed and operational.
Thanks, but its not changed (same site).

From the info @TheBaldOne gave, it just looks like a new company has come in and taken over Yorkshire.com and other assets belonging to the Yorkshire Tourist Board and it's business as usual.

•••
Thanks, but its not changed (same site).

From the info @TheBaldOne gave, it just looks like a new company has come in and taken over Yorkshire.com and other assets belonging to the Yorkshire Tourist Board and it's business as usual.
Yorkshire dot com is a domain name that deserves a professional website. So many people on this forum band around the term " premium domain name " like it's a bottle of cheap wine. Wherease yorkshire dot com actually is a premium domain name. Yorkshire is the largest county in the U.K. and has an ancient-spanning and important history, not just for the U.K. but for the entire world. A short, single English word, instantly recognisable, with a plethora of uses. That is what " premium domain name " should be used to describe.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back