Domain Empire

Yikes! 1 Domain Name - 2 registrars?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I noticed something today which concerned me. A few months ago, I purchased a domain via private sale. The name was registered at RegisterFly. I later decided to transfer said domain to eNom, and the transfer was successful. The name is now in my eNom account. Much time has gone by, and I didn't give it much thought... but... when I signed into my RegFly account today, I noticed that the name is actually still there as well. How can this be? Has this ever happened to anyone else, and can you offer any suggestions on how to proceed in correcting the matter?

Any help will be greatly appreciated-
Thank you
Jennifer

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If I recall correctly, Registerfly is an eNom reseller. Contact Registerfly about
this and, if need be, ask how to transfer it completely to your eNom account.

•••
ManicGirl said:
I noticed something today which concerned me. A few months ago, I purchased a domain via private sale. The name was registered at RegisterFly. I later decided to transfer said domain to eNom, and the transfer was successful. The name is now in my eNom account. Much time has gone by, and I didn't give it much thought... but... when I signed into my RegFly account today, I noticed that the name is actually still there as well. How can this be? Has this ever happened to anyone else, and can you offer any suggestions on how to proceed in correcting the matter?

Any help will be greatly appreciated-
Thank you
Jennifer

I happens all the time.

When you push - It's gone.

When you transfer away - It's still there.

•••
Happened to me

It happened to me at Dotster when I transferred a domain from them to godaddy. The domain was indeed at godaddy and dotster just needed to update its records. If in doubt, check the whois record to see the domain's current nameserver.

•••
Thank you for the help everyone. I was just afraid there would be some big ordeal or process that I'd have to go through.... jumping through hoops, so to speak. At least I know I'm not alone, and that it's fairly common. I will send out a few emails and hopefully that will take care of it. If anyone still has something that they'd like to add, please feel free.

Thanks again-
Jennifer

•••
Has this ever happened to anyone else, and can you offer any suggestions on how to proceed in correcting the matter?

Hi ManicGirl,

Sure has and easy to fix logon to your regfly account you'll see the 1st tab main tab highlighted . Look for the last tab reports and click . Look for Domain Management Reporting and click on refresh your account and you'll get
This process will verify the creation and expiration dates against your entire list of names. This operation will also remove names that have been transferred away to other registrars. The entire process can take between 10 minutes to 2 hours depending on the number of names you manage in this account. All names that have expired or transferred away will appear in the Expired List for a few days before we delete it out of our system.
click yes to confirm and your done....

jim

•••
I noticed the same thing when I transferred a domain out of RegisterFly, everything seems to be fine though.

•••
but i think it is useless to peration at original account. they just did not update them database.

•••
By the way, RegisterFly is *not* a registrar, they are simply eNom's 2nd largest reseller.

•••
aww said:
By the way, RegisterFly is *not* a registrar, they are simply eNom's 2nd largest reseller.

correction, they are enom's largest reseller by far. Considerably larger than even the 2nd largest enom reseller. Based on a few discussions I had recently, you should be seeing them on the icann list of registrars in a few weeks.

•••
Riceman said:
correction, they are enom's largest reseller by far. Considerably larger than even the 2nd largest enom reseller. Based on a few discussions I had recently, you should be seeing them on the icann list of registrars in a few weeks.

Interesting... so what is the second largest Enom reseller? And what do you mean by seeing them on the ICANN list of registrars?
:-/

•••
Anthony said:
Interesting... so what is the second largest Enom reseller?

I think namecheap is 2nd or 3rd.

And what do you mean by seeing them on the ICANN list of registrars?
:-/

They are supposedly in the final stages of accredition

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back