NameSilo

Yey! I got a bank account

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vip-ip

Account Closed
Impact
Finally, I can accept checks on MY name, as well as money orders and such :))) YEY

:hehe:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Lol, I've had one since I was 12 :) I'm not 18 yet though, so I can't accept cheques (and vip, according to your profile, neither are you :-/ )

•••
•••
will7,
you had it with Bank of America? I am yet to get my ATM card in the mail, along with the TOS, so I'll double check that.

•••
will7 said:
Lol, I've had one since I was 12 :) I'm not 18 yet though, so I can't accept cheques (and vip, according to your profile, neither are you :-/ )

Why can't you accept cheques?

•••
Sohil said:
I wonder the same. They got my SSN, my dad's sig (it's a savings account under his main account, him as my guardian), I'm allowed to withdraw money from it 3 times a month, as long as I have less than $2500 I will pay $3 fee for any transaction after the first 3 (in a month). But I don't plan on withdrawing a lot, mainly collecting money for my car when I'm 16.7 yrs old :tu: I'll buy a crappy one for a year or two, meanwhile collecting money for a better one that I'll buy when I learn to drive well, that's my plan mostly.

I'm pretty sure (98%) that I can accept checks, but probably not write them yet.

•••
Nice plan you have there. That's the sort of vehicle I'd want as well, just something that'll get me from point A to point B.

Stephen

•••
Steveh said:
Nice plan you have there. That's the sort of vehicle I'd want as well, just something that'll get me from point A to point B.

Stephen

Of course not, my car is my everything :) my everything will be my show off to hot high-school chicks B-)

•••
vip-ip said:
Sohil said:
I wonder the same. They got my SSN, my dad's sig (it's a savings account under his main account, him as my guardian), I'm allowed to withdraw money from it 3 times a month, as long as I have less than $2500 I will pay $3 fee for any transaction after the first 3 (in a month). But I don't plan on withdrawing a lot, mainly collecting money for my car when I'm 16.7 yrs old :tu: I'll buy a crappy one for a year or two, meanwhile collecting money for a better one that I'll buy when I learn to drive well, that's my plan mostly.

I'm pretty sure (98%) that I can accept checks, but probably not write them yet.

I am under 18, I do have an bank account with my dad's signature. I am able to recieve checks and also write them (have to order check book tho). The only problem is that you will not get a debit card until you are 18.

•••
Sohil said:
I am under 18, I do have an bank account with my dad's signature. I am able to recieve checks and also write them (have to order check book tho). The only problem is that you will not get a debit card until you are 18.

BS. You can have one of the bank, but not, example, MasterCard or other CREDIT CARD company. You can use the bank card (with the BOA logo, not master card or anything else) as a debit, only use your pin instead of a sig. I;m sure that's what it's like, the bank of america representative told me today. That's how BOA Savings works :$ Again, what bank are you using?..

If you're over 18 theres no purpose of a debit card, AMEX all the way :tu:

•••
vip-ip said:
Sohil said:

BS. You can have one of the bank, but not, example, MasterCard or other CREDIT CARD company. You can use the bank card (with the BOA logo, not master card or anything else) as a debit, only use your pin instead of a sig. I;m sure that's what it's like, the bank of america representative told me today. That's how BOA Savings works :$ Again, what bank are you using?..

You won't be able to use your ATM at any store, it will only work at an ATM (if I am correct). I am with Bank One (Chase).

•••
Bank of America will let you use their ATM cards as debits, too. Go to a supermarket, on the checkout they'll ask u "Credit or Debit?" u say Debit and punch in your pin.

•••
My bank (Im 16) gives me an all in one card, ATM/Debit/and the ability to run the debit as a Credit. the latter is the only way I use mine, just select credit, swipe, sign. It's branded Visa, which is nice, and tiny little letters saying "Debit" which is nice, you can pay by "Credit" and there's no ID checks. I do have a checkbook, but never written a darn one, the card is too convenient. Now that I own Premium 91 LLC, I need to get an EIN and a business account.

EDIT/NOTE: I dont encourage lying about ones age to buy something illegaly, However.... If the checker would like to "assume".... Im not about to stop him/her :)

Last edited:
•••
Good for you, vip. I remember getting my first bank account. It's a nice feeling.

You should be able to link it up to your PayPal account now too, so you can withdraw money directly from PayPal to your bank, right?

•••
um u can accept checks if your under 18... i had my checking account sence i was 14... (i needed it for my job)

im 16, ill be buying a car in a few months (go for my intermediate liecence in late november, then ill have my full in a year from then) already got $3.5k in my bank :P

Last edited:
•••
I'm 17 and have a visa. You can get them when you are 16...

•••
•••
i think i have a bank account that i don't have access to. that sucks, so good for u!

•••
-RJ- said:
Good for you, vip. I remember getting my first bank account. It's a nice feeling.

You should be able to link it up to your PayPal account now too, so you can withdraw money directly from PayPal to your bank, right?

You don't need a credit card....You need your bank number and your routing number from your savings account.

•••
I got a lil problem - BOA seems to decline all debit purchases from savings accounts?.. Hmm - now I gotta either switch it to savings, or get my money and cancel it, and start looking for another bank that would let me at least have a debit card. Because without it it's useless - just another place to keep my money. Interest is what, a buck per month? But a debit card would be nice.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back