Yet another Scam Email

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RyanB30

Established Member
Impact
best.ecommerce.consultin(at)gmail.com

Hello!

I represent a private investor from Ontario (Canada). He needs (My Domain) for his new project. The project will be launched in September.

My client would be prepared to pay a sum between $12,000 and US$14,000 to secure this domain name.

Time is of the essence as he needs to secure the domain name as soon as possible, so his Corporate Communications department can prepare the relevant logos and letterheads.

I am available to discuss this transaction at your earliest convenience. I look forward to your reply.

If you have more domain names for sale, please email me the list. I may help you to find buyers for them.

Regards,

Michael Foreman

Ecommerce Consultant

Domain Lawyer

6009 Quinpool Rd

Halifax

NS B3L

Canada

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I don't know if it's worth the time to set up an Escrow transaction for these emails or not... :?:

•••
Just got the same email...I wish it wasn't spam.

•••
•••
Here is the reply:

My investor offers $13000. The final price will depend on the appraisal results (see below).

Before my client buys he will need two things from you:

1. Screenshot of the page with the list of your domains at your domain registrar's web site. It will prove you are the real owner.

2. Domain certificate from Domain Pro Tools (services.digital-certificates net/cert.htm)

This certificate includes a manual appraisal of the market price and a trademark infringement verification. My client must be sure in the market price. He does not want to buy stolen domains or domains with trademark problems.

Simple certificates from Afternic, GoDaddy or Sedo don't work for him. They are generated by scripts and don't include the TM infringement verification part.

If you still don't have the certificate, it's not a problem. It will take only 1-2 minutes to order it.

Please send the screenshot and the certificate to my email.

If you are new to the certification process I can help you with step by step instructions.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

•••
NP won't let add a link so you'll have to add a "." before the net in the url for the "domain pro tools".

•••
Yep, just got that second half as well haha

•••
Ask him to send you the money to buy cert for your domain, I got few bucks before ;))

•••
lol... experienced that. it is a scam.. lucky i just not following their instructions. Try to google it!

•••
Offer to sell the name for $100, and let the hilarity begin.

Spoiler: they will tell you that they want to pay a minimum of $xxxx and that is the price you should expect.

•••
Received the same email. "a sum between $15000 and US$23000" for a 2 day old name LOL
I was exited to a second o two but realized - if it's too good to be true it's usually a scam.

•••
scammers often find whois record of a newly registered domain and target people...next time when you get it, ask him to pay for the domain appraisal and deduct the price from final sale...he won't reply again...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back