IT.COM

Yahoo Layoff

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just heard that Yahoo is laying off hundreds of workers. Anyone know if this is true?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Let hope they are just cutting the fat to be more competitive.

•••
Not likely. Google's really been killing them. Sure they'll blame the economy now or something else tomorrow, or that they're more of a media business than a search one. But the truth is, people see them as a direct competitor to Google, and have been losing market share continuously over the years. It's sad, particularly that some of their properties are really good and overall undervalued.

•••
biohammer said:

That is the reason being cited but there are predictions of others following suit. Seems to be related to possible recession talk going about.

•••
Yahoo has not really executed very well on many of its initiatives. They will probably try to consolidate and try to become more competitive. Times are lean, and revenue is becoming more difficult to come by.

Rich

•••
If i would be google i would give the laid off workers jobs right away :)

To be honest, it is said but true, it will always be the case that instead of cutting the big paychecks of the execs they get rid of the working horse first :(

Cheers,

Frank

•••
Hello,
Yahoo needs to start with something new, right now they are a portal, Google everytime have new ideas..

Best

•••
biohammer said:

Yes.

They recently closed down their auction site.

They closed down their photo sharing site.

I heard they were going to close down Yahoo Stores.

= a lot pf people with nothing to do.

Patrick

liquidcherry said:
..it is said but true, it will always be the case that instead of cutting the big paychecks of the execs they get rid of the working horse first
...Frank

Yea, that's the usual result...but they did get rid of Terry Semel.

Patrick

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back