domain Yaho.biz

Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

karjren

Established Member
Impact
So what is your thought about this domain? I just grabbed this one at expired domains. One question that instantly came to my mind was about TM issue, But nonetheless I still registered it :) , So any value with this one? and do I break any TM ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No value even if there were no TM issues. But there are TM issues as it would be reasonable to assume a user would be playing off of Yahoo's TM and would cause brand confusion. Get your money back if its been less than 5 days.

•••
•••
lol, sure go with it. The fact that it only has one "O" is irrelevant. You asked a question and you got the answer. a TM violation doesn't have to be exact, its more about intent and confusion in the eyes of a consumer. You have a lot to learn. It's a mute point anyway as the domain has no value.

•••
"YAHO" with one O is not included

The owner of a TM doesnt have to own typo of the tm trademark.

Since Yahoo Inc is sooo massive, it is construe that you are regging/owning this because of Yahoo. Its a certain loss at UDRP unless you have awesome evidence to the contrary (like your last name is Yaho or first and last is Ya Ho)

•••
It is TM cause it creates confusion.

•••
Figure out how you can make money on it pretending it is a Yahoo site. hehe. The cost is so cheap you have nothing to lose. If they file a UDRP then you're out $10. :D

•••
Pout your lips out, and then breathe in through them hard and quickly while shaking your head and frowing.
Hear that sound? That's my response to buying this :D

You very much have "potential" trademark issues. It's not about what is definitively listed, it's about what the definitions mean and that they include things not listed.

If they file a complaint, you can probably argue it's just a 4L biz and are popular at the moment and no intentions of anything to do with "yahoo", but I know who has more money and better legal teams...

Take a look:
https://archive.icann.org/en/udrp/Detail181.htm
https://archive.icann.org/en/udrp/Detail180.htm

Many of those are not even as similar as yours is...

•••
Pout your lips out, and then breathe in through them hard and quickly while shaking your head and frowing.
Hear that sound? That's my response to buying this :D

You very much have "potential" trademark issues. It's not about what is definitively listed, it's about what the definitions mean and that they include things not listed.

If they file a complaint, you can probably argue it's just a 4L biz and are popular at the moment and no intentions of anything to do with "yahoo", but I know who has more money and better legal teams...

Take a look:
https://archive.icann.org/en/udrp/Detail181.htm
https://archive.icann.org/en/udrp/Detail180.htm

Many of those are not even as similar as yours is...
I got more money. I have like $100 right now :) lol, well Iam already planning to drop this though, but I will still wait 3 days,, maybe someone will get interested :)

•••
•••
So what is your thought about this domain? I just grabbed this one at expired domains. One question that instantly came to my mind was about TM issue, But nonetheless I still registered it :) , So any value with this one? and do I break any TM ?
This one is wasted; this because "Yahoo" has more wealth. I checked some of those name posted on ICANN rules & regulation bout name similarity and formation. Some of those name are very similar, slightly similar and some are not similar. Like this one yakult.com; yakult is a drink. I see y + a = ya. "Yakult & "Yahoo" I see far similar. Yaho.com has zero value all the way! I see power & wealth played; at yahoo end. Just my opinion.

•••
Besides the obvious TM issues, why would someone buy this domain? Do you have any specific ideas in mind? Why did you register this one?

•••
Besides the obvious TM issues, why would someone buy this domain? Do you have any specific ideas in mind? Why did you register this one?
Because I heard a voice whispering me to register it, And I thought it was jesus.

•••
Because I heard a voice whispering me to register it, And I thought it was jesus.
You need to identify which shoulder is talking to you :xf.grin:

•••
Watch your mailbox for that C&D that is coming in the next few days.

If they file a UDRP then you're out $10. :D
Plus your reputation. Anybody who googles your name will see there is ruling against you and you now carry the official cybersquatter label. This is not a criminal conviction, but it's not kind of e-reputation you need.

People need to protect their online reputation, because nothing is forgotten and forgiven. Prospective employers will always look up applicants on google. One single stain in your history can be a put-off and cost you opportunities.
People usually don't want to take a chance with controversial characters. If there is negative reporting on your person, then you are 'controversial'.

Also, if you lose a UDRP stupidly, it can be used against you the next time somebody files a UDRP against you, even for wrong reasons. Your history will be used against you as proof of continued bad faith.

Be smart, and don't bother with .biz domains anyway.

•••

lol. And he said... Go forth my child... and be the next Yaho... I mean Yahoo...

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back