IT.COM

.us Y you should invest in 3 letter .us

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

_Yakov_

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
I made research and found an interesting market trand of 3 letter .us which convinced me to register 1300 3 letter .us domain names.

Retail Market Analisys

It's not a secret that many 3 letter .com domain names are used by companies that don't sell their domains at any price. However a demand for a popular 3 letter acronym is pretty high. When an American business realizes they can't get .com vertion of their domain name, what would they do? They will go with .us version.

The existance of a retail market shortest .us domains is evidenced by visible sales.

Afternic:

(click on link to verify)

PAI.US $600
IAC.US $500
MMG.US $495
SFP.US $495
DTI.US $400
AKM.US $349
ITD.US $350
BMX.US $300
NTI.US $245
SOE.US $222
DOU.US $210
BHI.US $205
SFD.US $200
PIB.US $200
KJV.US $200
USF.US $200
BEC.US $200
KCC.US $200

Number of all recorded 3 letter domain sales on afternic:

.COM - 43
.US - 19
.NET - 9
.ORG - 3
.INFO - 1
.BIZ - 0

According to afternic, sales of 3 letter .US, not only beat sale of .BIZ and .INFO combined but sales of .NET and .ORG! .US stands on the second place after .COM.

This are only afternic sales, there are many private sales that took place as well but the trend is obvious.

Reseller sales
I haven't done any deep research on resellers level, however I got a significant data on reseller's activities:

From Pool.com went:

stp.us - at least $60
kib.us - at least $60
amw.us - $30 - this forum

It's also interesting that 3 letter .us are being chased and are being reregistered the same second they becone available.

Trere are also a number of serious players in the .US domain space like myself, Zauzas, Stocdoc and others who hold thousands of 3 letter .us names and there is not a chance they will drop.
You get the idea.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

Elequa is one of the greatest pioneers of the domain name industry. I wish I had 1/10th his vision and I agree with Duke and Armstrong that Elequa will be the one with the last laugh.

In communication with him he's stated that his OXiDE network is going live shortly (you'll see it often if you visit lots of 3-letter domains) as well as a new roll-out of cool.com and media.com. I see incredible things coming from this man and his vision that will likely revolutionize the internet landscape in the years to come!

Just another 2 cents.

:) Andrew

•••
Oh, he's behind the annoying OXiDE pages? Great vision...

•••
Hi every one, I was too late in reading this thread and didnt get any 3 letter .us domains. If any one is selling their 3 letter .us domains please contact me so i can have a look at what you have.

Thanks, Josh

•••
Originally posted by elequa
BUT again, its gonna be ahell of a long long long time until people are trained to type .us

The Intenet is becoming a lot less dependent on random type-in traffic today as search engines get better and better.

This dependence will only get less in the coming years.

I think the branding and objective-driven values of a URL are often overlooked by domain speculators in favor of a simplistic "type-in" value benchmark.

http://www.volvocars.us was chosen above .com for geo-targeting, geo-identity and geo-content customization purposes.

In this respect, I think the URL did a fabulous job.

It's simply all in the development and objectives set. But this is often hard for domain speculators to understand and appreciate.

•••
•••
The volvocars.us example is really getting old. People should lay off mentioning it until they have some proof it helped US sales for them...

•••
Hard to believe that only a year ago all of these were available...

How did I find this thread?

One of the domains that was handregged here, was on TDNAM bidding at over $100!

Nice possible profit if the owner doesn't actually let it drop.

Even looking at the other 3 letter.us's on TDNAM, most are getting bids at $20-$30+

•••
a retail martket analasis? those domains are expired thought how?

•••
death_blade99 said:
a retail martket analasis? those domains are expired thought how?

What?

Just tried again, I can't make heads or tails of what you just wrote

•••
I thought this thread sounded familiar when I was reading the initial post...

•••
This is a blast from the Past ~ D-: Sadly - There are a good bit of 3 letter .us Domains being Dropped everyday ... Who knows if they will make it back to the open market .....

•••
It really is quite amazing
On TDNAM right now (Which is undervalued due to the risk of renewal involved) there are 4 .us's going for more than $100, most of which aren't as good as the ones listed here as being available (last year), and many more in the $30-$80 range also ending in 10 minutes or less

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back