beer.xyz
doctor.xyz
about.xyz
jewelry.xyz

And many more premium .xyz domains sold for around $500 or less on sav.com

Swetha sells much worse .xyz domain names for over $50k each

something is not right here and nobody is talking about this

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You're missing the point - there's a big difference of the renewal fees. Surely you would have figured that out by now.

•••
It might have something to do with renewal fees which are delusional for names like this, while Swetha said once in one of discussions that all of her names have standard renewal fees.

•••
gifts.xyz
flowers.xyz
baby.xyz
debt.xyz
funds.xyz
tour.xyz
beer.xyz
doctor.xyz
about.xyz
jewelry.xyz

Everybody's talking about it, probably the most discussed topic on NP in recent months.

Something like what exactly?

•••

Difference between reseller and end-user ( also premium renewal vs standard renewal )

•••
Difference between reseller and end-user ( also premium renewal vs standard renewal )
please, what’s the difference between a premium vs standard renewal?

•••
•••
Just look at who is buying .XYZ for ridiculous amounts of money. The keywords you listed are shit when you keep in mind the target audience.

Good keywords, but not in XYZ.

•••
Just look at who is buying .XYZ for ridiculous amounts of money. The keywords you listed are shit when you keep in mind the target audience.

Good keywords, but not in XYZ.
How you assumed that this good keywords but not in xyz !!?
Can you explain why Swetha names are good and suitable for xyz ?!

•••
[
How you assumed that this good keywords but not in xyz !!?
Can you explain why Swetha names are good and suitable for xyz ?!

Yes. Again, look at the companies getting behind XYZ. They're virtual, crypto, nft. A 'real world' company would never use a .XYZ.

The general public doesn't want, identify or recognise the extension. No-one wants to use flowers.xyz to order or sell flowers. EM random Keywords ending in .XYZ don't work.

Swethas names are general, brandabe and emds for companies in a certain niche. Own a big enough portfolio to dominate the extension and you're set. She's had the foresight, now she's reaping what she has sown.

Not saying those KWs are without value, what's killing them are the premium renewals. Watch them drop after a year. $500 is worth the gamble for a year when there's a certain hype about an extension, when renewals kick in, reality kicks in.

Last edited:
•••
I know how we can find if they are real sales, if interested PM me.
It's not hard to do some investigation.

•••
Yes. Again, look at the companies getting behind XYZ. They're virtual, crypto, nft. A 'real world' company would never use a .XYZ.

The general public doesn't want, identify or recognise the extension. No-one wants to use flowers.xyz to order or sell flowers. EM random Keywords ending in .XYZ don't work.
yeah, web3 is a breakthrough point to the market for xyz, it's going in the opposite path to com while those premium renewal pricing was basically based on famous keyword in com, they’re unlikely be used in meatspace at first place, but it doesn't mean those names are not useful because everything can be generated in virtual reality, they should have been waiting longer to sell, meanwhile I believe one day they will worth a lot, when .xyz taking up more shares in market and people will think it's also a good idea use .xyz in real world commodities.

Last edited:
•••
gifts.xyz
flowers.xyz
baby.xyz
debt.xyz
funds.xyz
tour.xyz
beer.xyz
doctor.xyz
about.xyz
jewelry.xyz

please, what’s the difference between a premium vs standard renewal?

As example: DOCTOR.XYZ reg. price is 3000 USD / renew price is 3000 USD / transfer is also 3000 USD
Standard renew price for a regular .XYZ is 9.99 USD

Last edited:
•••
As example: DOCTOR.XYZ reg. price is 3000 USD / renew price is 3000 USD / transfer is also 3000 USD
Standard renew price for a regular .XYZ is 9.99 USD
Thanks

•••

Hi

i'm not pushing .xyz, but what you're saying is not true

http://www.sweet-creation.xyz/
http://horizonflorist.xyz/
https://shoranflower.xyz/
https://cartersflorist.xyz/
http://minselflorist.xyz/
http://mariesfloral.xyz/?i=1

imo....

•••
Almost all domain sales at Sav are wholesale acquisitions by domain investors. The prices must reflect the fact the name might not sell retail for some time, or at all, and allow for profit by the domain investor.

Swetha sales, and the retail xyz sales by others that have been reported, are almost exclusively inbound retail sales to end users wanting that specific name.

The two cannot be compared. It is exactly like saying the prices at expired domain auctions, or here on NamePros, are less than retail sales at one of the big marketplaces, so something is amiss. It isn't. Would you buy a domain name at the same price you plan to sell it for?

One of the evaluators, NameWorth, make this clear in a useful way. For one of my .com domain names they give the worth as $19,500 if a potential user came to me seeking that name. However, the exact same name is valued at $263 at liquidation level, meaning that is a reasonable price if I need to sell quickly at a 7 day auction. It depends on type of name how different the two numbers will be, but they will always be substantially different.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
For one of my .com domain names
Hi

this is about .xyz, not .com or any appraisal tool
.com don't have premium renewal costs, so how is that relevant?

imo..

•••
this is about .xyz, not .com or any appraisal tool
.com don't have premium renewal costs, so how is that relevant?
Thanks for your reply. I was addressing the aspect that in xyz these auction prices are different from the announced retail sales, pointing out same could be said in another extension. Just browse the NamePros completed sales thread and tons of examples with big difference between acquisition and final prices.

The other points made earlier I agree with, of course. I presume most or all of the names in the OP list carry a premium renewal. That means that it is hard to make the economics work as a domain investor, so they will sell over and over wholesale at not that much different than renewal price probably. I believe only 1 of Swetha's huge portfolio carry a premium renewal.

Also, I agree with those who earlier pointed out that there is also a difference in the type of names that are selling in xyz at end user prices are in vast majority of cases not product/service match names but rather a bit less common words that would make a good brand for a web3 startup. This was the one point that most struck me when I analyzed the XYZ retail sales data.

The ENS integration that .xyz got in early gave the extension a leg up on other extensions in the emerging web3 world. Now many other TLDs, including com, can be similarly integrated, but the advantage seems to carry over now that people have seen web3 companies on xyz.

On the Sav auctions people are buying a lot of exact match type names, and some brandable type names, I presume hoping that the market for xyz will broaden. We will have to wait and see if that happens.

Anyway the relevance I saw was to stress that acquisition and selling prices are different in any extension. Therefore disagree with OP that something is wrong.

It is okay if not everyone agrees there is relevance. I would have to check, but I think I have now and then seen some posts on NamePros that I personally did not see as relevant to the topic. :xf.smile:

Bob

•••
Hi

you post a lot of words but didn't answer the question.

what is point in mentioning appraisal service and what does the appraisal amount for a .com domain - which we have no idea what it is...have anything to do with .xyz?

we know the .xyz names in question, we know the prices they sold for, we know the renewal cost.
the OP is the one who didn't know the latter, which would have made all the difference.

imo...

•••
•••

Nope... Look beyond what meets the eye and tell me they (all) are not using a .com instead ... Bar one, where I didn't notice it at first glance but it looks off just the same. Brand protection imo ;)

Edit: or SEO, network, link building.... Imo... ;)

Edit2: it gets more interesting when you look at registration dates, where they are located, who owns them and how they're resolving. Actually some perfect examples to support my argument come to think of it.

Last edited:
•••
yeah, web3 is a breakthrough point to the market for xyz, it's going in the opposite path to com while those premium renewal pricing was basically based on famous keyword in com, they’re unlikely be used in meatspace at first place, but it doesn't mean those names are not useful because everything can be generated in virtual reality, they should have been waiting longer to sell, meanwhile I believe one day they will worth a lot, when .xyz taking up more shares in market and people will think it's also a good idea use .xyz in real world commodities.

Not an XYZ lover myself but yeah, you nailed it. Sanest XYZ related post I've ever come across by an XYZ investor.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for your reply. I was addressing the aspect that in xyz these auction prices are different from the announced retail sales, pointing out same could be said in another extension. Just browse the NamePros completed sales thread and tons of examples with big difference between acquisition and final prices.

The other points made earlier I agree with, of course. I presume most or all of the names in the OP list carry a premium renewal. That means that it is hard to make the economics work as a domain investor, so they will sell over and over wholesale at not that much different than renewal price probably. I believe only 1 of Swetha's huge portfolio carry a premium renewal.

Also, I agree with those who earlier pointed out that there is also a difference in the type of names that are selling in xyz at end user prices are in vast majority of cases not product/service match names but rather a bit less common words that would make a good brand for a web3 startup. This was the one point that most struck me when I analyzed the XYZ retail sales data.

The ENS integration that .xyz got in early gave the extension a leg up on other extensions in the emerging web3 world. Now many other TLDs, including com, can be similarly integrated, but the advantage seems to carry over now that people have seen web3 companies on xyz.

On the Sav auctions people are buying a lot of exact match type names, and some brandable type names, I presume hoping that the market for xyz will broaden. We will have to wait and see if that happens.

Anyway the relevance I saw was to stress that acquisition and selling prices are different in any extension. Therefore disagree with OP that something is wrong.

It is okay if not everyone agrees there is relevance. I would have to check, but I think I have now and then seen some posts on NamePros that I personally did not see as relevant to the topic. :xf.smile:

Bob
Thank you Bob you've made enough clear points about the situation about .xyz, even people carrying a lower IQ can understand it, but you will eventually get tired by some people keep bringing up the same topics and asking dumb questions over and over again with full of jealousy.

Last edited:
•••
[

What, in your eyes, is a "real world" company? A business that only uses dot-com? A business that has a bricks-and-mortar location? Due enlighten.

•••
What, in your eyes, is a "real world" company? A business that only uses dot-com? A business that has a bricks-and-mortar location? Due enlighten.

Selling products, goods ,services. Ordinary, everyday life needs. Can be b&m but digital goods/services b2c as well. Much broader actually but you get the gist.

It's not about the domain extension. It's about what your audience understands. The general public doesn't understand much besides gtld and cctld so if you target a mainstream audience your best bet is a .com (or cctld).

I hope that helps :)

•••
Back