Dynadot

discuss XR domains - Umbrella term for AR VR MR (all reality technologies)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Elad n

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
XR can be X Reality or Extended Reality.

Either way it describes the spectrum just like mixed reality.

Been looking around and shopping for a while now, saw many companies choosing to rebrand to xr or just starting with xr in their names..

Those are only some of my findings that are already developed (there are many more undeveloped by major companies like unity/sony etc..)

Decide for yourself.

Gl.

E

xr-room.com

xrgames.io

hyperspacexr.com

innereyexr.com

biomexr.com

inspacexr.com

HumanXR.com

agencyxr.com

ascentxr.com

womenxr.com

conductxr.com

Xiality.com

FeelXRstudio.com

ShowroomXR.com

FitXR.com

XRconnects.com

orchardxr.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can't do VR and AR at the same time. Sounds like you're confusing Augmented Virtual it. Mixed Reality is simply AR that is more "virtual" with interactive objects as opposed to only flat virtual displays, but because many think it's advanced AR the term MR will always be controversial.

It will mate, but if Microsoft and Magic Leap like it. It's worth a little gamble of my pennies(y)

•••
It will mate, but if Microsoft and Magic Leap like it. It's worth a little gamble of my pennies(y)

Yeah. . I have about 5 MR names... I get it...

•••
•••
Sorry, you can't do VR and AR at the same time. Sounds like you're confusing Augmented Virtuality. Mixed Reality is simply AR that is more "virtual" with interactive 3D objects as opposed to only flat virtual displays, but because many think it's advanced AR the term MR will always be controversial, especially since MR ruined it by changing its definition a few times and trying to make it it's own brand.

To be honest I've seen that many terms, I'm lost now what they all mean. You can read on one site what one term means and another site will give a different definition of it.

•••
To be honest I've seen that many terms, I'm lost now what they all mean. You can read on one site what one term means and another site will give a different definition of it.

I totally understand the definitions and differences between VR & XR. The difference between AR and MR still confuses me.

•••
I totally understand the definitions and differences between VR & XR. The difference between AR and MR still confuses me.

Just type into Google what is the difference between AR & MR.

The first few website articles will give you a pretty good understanding(y)

•••
Just type into Google what is the difference between AR & MR.

The first few website articles will give you a pretty good understanding(y)
Too much work. 😁

Edit: i'll figure it out one day.

•••

The difference between AR and MR is (VERY) minor, superficial and subjective, which is why most industry people prefer to use "AR". They even call Magic Leap an AR company despite the fact that their CEO has made it public that he finds it annoying, because they apparently don't respect his opinion and think they're AR regardless of how "special" and "different" he believes his their technology is. MR is just a marketing gimmick created to say "we're different" when you're really not...technologically anyway..

Last edited:
•••
The difference between AR and MR is (VERY) minor and superficial and subjective, which is why most industry people prefer AR. They even call Magic Leap an AR company despite the fact that their CEO has made it public that he finds it annoying, because they apparently don't respect his opinion and think they're AR regardless of how special and "different" he believes his their technology is. MR is just a marketing gimmick.

Rony does like to try and paint magic leap in a totally different classification.

His new passion seems to be the word "spatial computing".

And MagicVerse:ROFL:

•••
Yeah... Poor guy...kinda goofy if you ask me... He needs a vp to be the head man...

•••
Snatched d / o / c / X / R (dawt) com from GD closeout. What do you guys think? It's 11 years old. Don't know what the original owner was thinking back in 2007. lol

•••
So ,who of u guys got XRmap.com was on gd today .
I wasn't on it .

•••
So ,who of u guys got XRmap.com was on gd today .
I wasn't on it .

Guess someone got XRmap cheap where rest of the guys fall asleep !

Some new ones popped up

XRdept.com
XRpioneer.com
XRamericas.com
MoshpitXRstudios.com
Fancy-XR.com
XRmust.com
InterXR.com

•••
Hey guy's great discussions in here. I have been reading up on all posts , articles and opinions. It was a wonderful read guy's. Looking forward to apple few hours away and see what xr brings.

•••
Just sold via GoDaddy:

XR creators (.com)

Sorry can't disclose any more details but it was to a end user(y)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Just sold via GoDaddy:

XR creators (.com)

Sorry can't disclose any more details but it was to a end user(y)

Congrats! Keep it up! I remember when that domain was just sitting around unregistered!

•••
Congrats! Keep it up! I remember when that domain was just sitting around unregistered!

Tbh this was going to be on my drop list.

I prefer the singular 1000%

Last edited:
•••
Tbh this was going to be on my drop list.

I prefer singular 1000%

Yeah.. Sales can be surprising sometimes... So unpredictable...

•••
A lot of excited (and some worried) talk on social media about the Apple event and the probable name of one of the the new iPhones being XR. The main point being brought up is how XR will be brought even more to the masses if the term is used in this way with the new device.

The worriers fear that Apple will make 'XR' mean and be seen as something else, other than what it was emerging as.

Last edited:
•••
A lot of excited (and some worried) talk on social media about the Apple event and the probable name of one of the the new iPhones being XR. The main point being brought up is how XR will be brought even more to the masses if the term is used in this way with the new device.

The worriers fear that Apple will make 'XR' mean and be seen as something else, other than what it was emerging as.

P4Hj2YU.jpg

Here you go :)

Last edited:
•••
@Hugo_Strange, alright so we know it's going to be the XR, now to wait and see just what that means. :nailbiting:

•••
In marketing there is a saying that there is no such thing as bad publicity ;)

•••

Was discussed a few days ago in this thread. Check out a few posts back.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back