Watch

Digital Nomad

Top Member
Impact
x.com.png

Source

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The only other name that comes remotely close to X in popularity is A and the .com hasn't been released.

Expect huge interest when it happens.
Elon would be the guy to find a way to acquire X.com
I still wonder how much he paid for X.com

Last edited:
•••
Elon would be the guy to find a way to acquire X.com
I still wonder how much he paid for X.com
I think Andrew Rosener from MediaOptions helped Elon acquire x.com years ago from PayPal. Elon was the original owner and bought it back from PayPal after he sold PayPal which used to be X.com.

•••
Twitter got the handle @x now, someone else used to have it yesterday and it was on private, guess Elon bought it. Twitter.com/x

In addition your handle now redirects via x.com/elonmusk to twitter.com/elonmusk, try it.

x-twitter.png

twitter-twitter-account.png

Last edited:
•••
Why is everybody not talking about for how much he acquired it?

•••
Ok, this is what Bard told me:
The exact amount that Elon Musk paid to acquire X.com is unknown, but it is believed to be in the range of $1 million. This is based on the fact that Musk has said that he paid "at least $1 million" for the X.com domain name, and that the company was valued at around $10 million at the time of the acquisition.

X.com was an online financial services and e-mail payment company that Musk co-founded in 1999. The company merged with Confinity in 2000 to form PayPal, which was later acquired by eBay for $1.5 billion.

•••
Twitter / X monthly active users in 2022: 368 million and now in 2023: 541 million and rising.

Source

Now the app is also officially changed to X on our phones, no turning back. Wonder when they will redirect twitter.com to x.com and not the other way around, if that is even possible.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back