Dynadot

domain www.chevysupersport.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

What do you guys think of the domain name

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Great

votes
    0.0%
  • Good

votes
    50.0%
  • Ok

vote
    25.0%
  • Sucks

vote
    25.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The website itself looks very nice, but even with your disclaimer you have some obvious TM issues.

Brad

•••
You should be able to get mid $xxx for the package. IMO.

Disclaimer: Please keep in mind that this is a FREE appraisal. This is a guess at quick flip resale value not an unrealistic end-user price. Often times my appraisals are rushed, too low, or too high. Sometimes my advice is totally wrong and occasionally downright dumb. If the post stamp is after 5:00pm EST, the chances are even greater that inaccuracies will occur due to blood alcohol levels.

•••
Is there anything I should do about the TM issue?

•••
A solid $xxx for the package.

I think you've done a decent job creating an enthusiast site around the product. It doesn't confuse me into thinking that it's an official GM / Chevrolet site, and I think the disclaimer helps.

Obviously, that doesn't mean that that GM won't come after you; I'm not familiar with GM history of protecting their TM within domains, but there are plenty of bonafide enthusiast sites that use variants of existing TMs.

Gotta keep in mind that in many cases the TM holder will not file a claim if you're using the name in a way that builds brand image for them... it's when it's in the negative sense that it may become tricky. Or if they feel you're diverting potential significant revenue from their normal business operations.

Just my thoughts - I'm certainly not a lawyer!

Rob

•••
Thanks Rob - that's kind of what I figured on the TM issue.
I was hoping the site was worth a little more ($x,xxx) but I guess everyone who works hard on a site will think it's worth more ")

•••
Thanks Rob - that's kind of what I figured on the TM issue.
I was hoping the site was worth a little more ($x,xxx) but I guess everyone who works hard on a site will think it's worth more ")

My pleasure John.

It could be worth a fair bit more than $xxx, but you didn't really share any traffic or revenue numbers.

Are you running analytics on the site (either with your own programs running metrics on your log files, or with 3rd party tools such as Alexa, Google Analytics, Quantcast, etc...) or is it an unknown element for now?

Cheers,

ROb

•••
I did install Google Analytics and I have around 500 visit to .com and 531 to .net
I start the site 3-4 months ago

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back