NameSilo

Wwd Resellers

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

navpros

Geaux Tigahs!Account Closed
Impact
2
I have a quick question concerning building a lead-in page for my WWD Reseller site. What is a painless way to do this so that the site can be submitted and indexed by the SE's? I know that WWD has suggested that you build your own lead-in page rather than using a forward/mask domain to point to your reseller link.

I am looking for someone to point me in the right direction. There are many online site builders I could use but not wanting to spend alot on monthly hosting for just one page. The godaddy.com "one-page website would work fine, if one could use custom html with it, but unfortunately you cannot. Should I just signup and use a site builder tool and copy and paste the my reseller link's homepage into "body" or should I seperate header, body, footer? I know I am asking alot of questions so in short check out this page: http://www.homenames.com. That is a nice, simple lead-in for the reseller site. Can someone help?

For what it is worth I have tried copying the reseller homepage to use as the homepage for my Domain Seller Pro website using html editor, and it seemed to work great but I could never get the homepage to fill to 100%. Take a look at dandydomain.com for me and you'll see what I mean. I have simply copy the page into the index file of DSP but page will not fill screen (as homenames.com has) and to me it looks tacky. I thought I would doing this in DSP as I am already paying hosting fees for DSP and would just assume have both sites merged. If that makes any sense. Pay no attention to the crapy logo. I am paying someone to design one for me whenever I can find someone with good price.

Thanks

Greg Williamson
Dandy Domain
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unstoppable Domains — AI StorefrontUnstoppable Domains — AI Storefront
WWD Lead-in

The trick here is to make sure that your site is as far from normal WWD template. When I started to look at WWD I realized that 80% of the resellers simply used the template, plonked a logo and hoped for the best. Worst is that the WWD sucks on rankings and honestly, I don't trust hidden codes that may divert traffic to godaddy - potentially.

Go to my site www.tlddirect.com where I have tried to integrate as much as possible from my WWD template to create a seamless interface. When someone purchases anything, I instruct that they are being forwarded to my secure site (WWD).

1. This makes more sense for the SEO operations and banner exchanges
2. Easier to control your meta tags since its your own HTML.
3. Its a pain but if you want to build something out of it, you might as well put some effort in it - at least from the start. Its a bizness afterall.
4. It integrates the shopping codes into my html.

It took me about 2 weeks to get it all working along with my desired layout. But the difference is that it looks unique and doesn't overtly look WWD and push people off.

If you need help developing one which in my opinion is much better than just getting a simple lead-in page, buzz me. or mail me at [email protected]

Another point: Based on how you present your offering and the content of the site, you don't need to charge low low fees and kill your earnings. You will see that I charge 9.99, but the site appearance makes up for it along with the offering.

Another thing is that I purchased my own hosting from my own reseller. Makes things even quicker as its on the same network. So in essence, I never left WWD.

Need help, buzz me. I am also offering this service for a modest fee to my sub-resellers to make them unique.

Marc
 
0
•••
Thanks for the tips! I have actually enlisted the help of the guys who designed monsterdomainregistration.com. We'll see how that goes but I thought they did a wonderful job on that site. Happy domaining, and thanks again.
 
0
•••
I think you need to have a clear login link somewhere on top for people who do purchase domains from you. Who wants to look all over the page to finally find it on the bottom?
 
0
•••
Thanks Voytech for the comments...its in the next update to the site.

:wave:
 
0
•••
Good luck NameFactor
 
0
•••
Hi Voytec

Site updated. Give me your feedback.

Login added and a few other tweaks.

Cheers

Marc
 
0
•••
An issue with using the very nice templates supplied by Wild West is the fact your own domain name uses frames and so called masked forwarding but actually redirects into their site, not really your own site, though it appears to be your domain in the address bar window.

IMO that seems to be a negative toward your search engine ranking and SEO work you do but I may be wrong on that of course. Any SEO experts here with opinions on that?
 
0
•••
you are right. If I were to simply mask forward my domain to the WWD Reseller URL, i would face:

1. An issue optimizing my rankings
2. no control over my meta tags unless I insert it at the registrar end maintaining my domain

which is why I opted to do a little more and capture all the info of the reseller URL in my own html. Take for exmaple SSL at www.tlddirect.com/sslcert.html - the WWD portion and basket codes are linked into that html page, but its mine with my own meta, etc...

So far, SEO wise it works and I just had a call with my account director at Overture to discuss the proposal. They did not find anything wrong with the html and metas. To double check, I also used another SEO optimiser, namely Traffic Blazzer from WWD and also Bpath.com - same good meta results and page integrity.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back