IT.COM

WWD/GoDaddy reseller problems?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Does anyone else have constant problems using WWD to edit their store? I'm trying to set up a new one and have spent two days trying to enter my prices. *occasionally* the page will actually submit, most of the time it just times out. I can always log in to the reseller extranet, but actually changing options and such usually doesn't work. I've used two browsers, and I'm on a T3, and have no problem with other sites.

Is their site being unresponsive to form submits normal? I'm considering asking for a refund since I can't use it at all.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I haven't had these problems, but have you contacted Customer Support? They may be able to help you right away.

•••
Yes, I left a message through their help desk. Frustrating though, not being able to get this up. I wanted to have it live tomorrow so that when I remove images from one of my sites referring to a sale ending tomorrow, I can replace them with ads for the domain reg site.

•••
Hi. I have a reseller site with WWD and have had no problems in the past or now changing anything.

Hope they sort it out for you.

S.

•••
Their response is that they have been doing upgrades as we speak to make these pages quicker, and should be finished by the end of today. I realized that the times the site stopped responding were always after I submitted a very long form, such as changing all prices for more than one extension (60+ form fields). They probably had some very bad database queries going on to make those updates that wasn't letting me access my information until the query was done (stupid as that sounds, it's not hard to make a query like that take much longer than you'd think). I saw patterns in the time until I could access the site again, and they were related to how many updates were made.

•••
Originally posted by Dan Grossman
Their response is that they have been doing upgrades as we speak to make these pages quicker, and should be finished by the end of today. I realized that the times the site stopped responding were always after I submitted a very long form, such as changing all prices for more than one extension (60+ form fields). They probably had some very bad database queries going on to make those updates that wasn't letting me access my information until the query was done (stupid as that sounds, it's not hard to make a query like that take much longer than you'd think). I saw patterns in the time until I could access the site again, and they were related to how many updates were made.

I used to have the same problems with my WWD reseller account. However, submitting "long" forms does cause it to time out now and then. I usually adjust my pricing in groups of "threes" (for example: .com, .net, .org) and then submit those changes. Move on to the next. Seems to have solved my issues. If you are new to WWD I strongly urge you to give them a shot. Your cost is $99.00 Year and they will handle all of your support. All you have to do is work hard and promote the site. With time and effort you can make some generous income with that account. Trust me, as I speak from experience.

DD

•••
Now that I managed to get the pricing and services set up the way I want to I will. I just need a domain for the site, and time to develop it (I have some unique ideas for selling some of their services without being just another registrar).

•••
Now that I managed to get the pricing and services set up the way I want to I will. I just need a domain for the site, and time to develop it (I have some unique ideas for selling some of their services without being just another registrar).

That's the spirit! It will pay off in the long-run but you HAVE to promote, promote, promote! The name you decide to use will be useless unless you do some link swapping, search engine optimizing, and such. Let me know what name you are considering using? Perhaps I may have something you could use.
I have topleveldomain.biz and believe it or not, it gets a few typeins. I am not a huge .biz fan so if you think you might want it, let me know. I'll take $25.00 for it.

DD

•••

Happy the problem was resolved! GD/WWD support has always been responsive and it seems they continue to be so...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back