Dynadot

budget: above $1000 WTB pronounable web 2.0 .com eg google.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClaytonJohnson

Impact
Max $2k budget .com TLD Pronounceable (web 2.0 style)

You can tell someone to "google it". I am looking for a domain with the same concept as Google. A domain that I could tell someone to ____ it.

You can test this by pronouncing the domain and then imagining if the person listening could definitely spell it out correctly on the first attempt.

Thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i not have understand , the domain need end in it ? brand+it.com ?

•••
•••
i not have understand , the domain need end in it ? brand+it.com ?

No! The 'it' is for emphasis. When one says 'F^*KIT' - people understand what 'F^*K' is.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Google is a bad example for "You can test this by pronouncing the domain and then imagining if the person listening could definitely spell it out correctly on the first attempt."

You couldn't spell google correctly on the first attempt if google was not the most popular domain. I am old enough to remember the dates before the word of google was invented. Believe me, it was difficult to remember how to type google (how many o's between g and g, and was not sure if it was ending with "el" or "le") - Because it's meaningless word. People memorize it as it's the most useful search engine. So if you need it, you have to memorize it even if it's not easy. Dictionary words are better if you specifically want users memorize your domain correctly. I have a one word domain, 15 years old, price is less than $1k. Just an opinion.

•••
"Google" got its name from the word "googol" (wikipedia) which means a very large number (ie. the myriads of search results).

So one could spell it like "Googol" as well.

•••
•••
•••
Are you totally not interested in a name with "it" at the end? Or are you open to a name like that?

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Thread closed due to inactivity
ClaytonJohnson was last seen: Jan 9, 2017
Thank you for understanding.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back