Dynadot

WSJ: Google Looking To Buy Yahoo

Spaceship
Watch
According to a story just out in the Wall Street Journal, Google has met with at least private equity firms about potentially helping them finance a deal to buy Yahoo. Read more...

Is it me or has this "antitrust lawsuit" written all over it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is it me or has this "antitrust lawsuit" written all over it?

nope because Google will just purchase the government prior to acquiring yahoo, case closed.... lol

cheers

liquid

•••
If this deal is allowed to go through the government is not doing it’s job.

The consumer always loses in these type of consolidations.

Brad

•••
Its deeper than the obvious

first of all they would be financing another party to buy yahoo

second there non search things google might want from yahoo even if those things seem small, if you got tons of money and your extremely confident you will get more than your cash back, why not set up a situation where you pluck cherrys off of the yahoo tree.

And its world wide components that dont fall in US or EU "anti trust"

Yahoo's hold the largest Alibaba share block!

In 1997 Microsoft invested in Apple just to keep a competitor around.

So all this has to develop, Google smart enough not to endanger there getting $20 bucks because someone laying on the couch clicked a certain click lol.

•••
I don't think that yahoo refuse to do that

•••
I don't know why Jerry Yang has so much sentimental value with his brainchild. I actually envisioned that Yahoo instead compete with Time Warner and become an online media producer. After all, most people go to Yahoo for the articles they post.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back