IT.COM

news WOW!! This was an eye opener: Trademark Owner Loses Two Domain Name Disputes - On Same Domain Name

NameSilo
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
I found this article to be really interesting. First, I was not aware of URS's and If I had seen the domain before reading this article, my first impression would have been that they would be TM infringement for sure.... so this was an eye operner.

I've said many times that winning a domain name dispute under the Uniform Rapid Suspension System (URS) is much more challenging than under the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP). But, that doesn't mean trademark owners should take the UDRP for granted.

One complainant learned that lesson an especially hard way β€” first by losing a URS determination and then by losing a UDRP decision on the same domain name.

The complainant, Bloomberg Finance, is the owner of the well-known Bloomberg trademark and has significant experience in filing (and even winning) both UDRP and URS cases (about 170 of them) through the years. Many of the cases involve variations of its Bloomberg trademark, and, increasingly, the company has filed complaints involving new top-level domain names, such as bloombergfinancial.market, bloombergnews.press and bloomberg.store.

But Bloomberg lost a URS determination for bloomberg.site on March 15, 2017, and then a UDRP decision for bloomberg.site on June 8, 2017.

Read Full Article Here:
http://www.circleid.com/posts/20170...oses_two_domain_disputes_on_same_domain_name/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back