NameSilo

Wow....This is a first

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Ok, so I sold a domain through an auction venue as I have done hundreds of times before.

The auction ended, the funds were paid, and it's time to transfer the name out of Godaddy as usual.

Here is where the $hit starts....

I go into my godaddy account where the name is located to initiate the transfer.

To my surprise, I get a "server error code" and cannot access the domain controls at all.

Nothing. Only a white screen with an error message.

So I'm thinking its my browser and I change devices.

Nope, same thing. Now I'm pissed and call Godaddy.

Guess what? They can't get into the domain control panel either. They are getting the same error code.

The developers have been working on it now for 3 days with no response back yet.

I just called again, and now another team is working on it.

WTF is going on??

Now my reputation is on the line with the auction venue because I needed to transfer the name and can't.

This isn't a small sale either at $x,xxx.

Looks like Godaddy might be buying my domain soon if this isn't fixed.

I'm usually mellow, but this is ridiculous.

Anyone else ever have this happen before?

I have used Godaddy for years with no issues. Im not putting Godaddy down, I'm just pissed off at the moment with them

Kevin

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wooaah man, first time I've even heard of something like this happening.... is that error code only with this particular domain or do you get the same error code with your other domains?

Have you tried reaching out to @Joe Styler maybe he can lend a hand?

•••
Wooaah man, first time I've even heard of something like this happening.... is that error code only with this particular domain or do you get the same error code with your other domains?

Have you tried reaching out to @Joe Styler maybe he can lend a hand?
It's only that domain.

All others are fine.

•••
Just throwing an option out:

What happens if you export all details including EPP code for that domain and a bunch of others? Does that also fail?
Also, is the domain locked or unlocked?

•••
This by far is the strangest thing I have heard of yet. Bizzare that it's only that domain name.

•••
I dont understand why Godaddy decided to change the way the domains are transferred now. The process was working just fine! I had a buyer that waited almost a week on a transfer that I told him would take just an hour or less. Turns out the buyer didnt know there was other steps to complete the transfer. I didnt even know it either until I called Godaddy to see why it was taking so long.
I dont blame you as I'd be pretty irate as well.
I apologized to the buyer but it still made me look like I dont know what I am talking about.

•••
Does it contains some self-restricted words like "dos"?
When I tried to register such a name at Namecheap, message told me that because of self-restricting words I must contact support.
I went to GD and the first search returned server error, but on next tries I managed to register it and it is accessible.

•••
Does it contains some self-restricted words like "dos"?
When I tried to register such a name at Namecheap, message told me that because of self-restricting words I must contact support.
I went to GD and the first search returned server error, but on next tries I managed to register it and it is accessible.
This is what I still get....Nothing has been fixed yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170519-150151.png
    Screenshot_20170519-150151.png
    163.1 KB · Views: 10
•••
Is this a joke?
Here is the response I just got.
A couple weeks??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170520-081906.png
    Screenshot_20170520-081906.png
    350.8 KB · Views: 7
•••
You can at least see the domain in control panel. In my case the sold domain was not even in control panel (whois details were all mine). Although Ihe transaction amount was not much but still it was very frustrating.

•••
Is this a joke?
Here is the response I just got.
A couple weeks??
Couple of weeks. Wtf...
The support always knows how to irritate the customers.

Last edited:
•••
Couple of weeks. Wtf...
The support always knows how to irritate the customers.
I agree.

My main concern is the domain sold almost a week ago now and I can't transfer it.

This is not good.

•••
Sorry for the delay I am just getting back into the office. I never heard of something like this. Can you send me over the domain and your customer number in a private message and I will take a look into it for you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back