IT.COM

Would you use GoDaddy Landing/Parking Pages to Sell Domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Would you use GoDaddy landing pages to sell domains if offered?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

• No

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think it would be really good for the industry if GoDaddy finally offered tailor-made "Buy It Now" landing pages for domains (not the ones you can take from auctions, but a more detailed page that would work through nameservers)

I believe the GoDaddy brand would help convert more sales 'Afternic' which not nearly as people know of.

Would you use GoDaddy landing pages to sell your domains?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Would you use GoDaddy Landing/Parking Pages to Sell Domains?
sometimes it shows an error when you click on buy now button

•••
I think it would be really good for the industry if GoDaddy finally offered tailor-made "Buy It Now" landing pages for domains (not the ones you can take from auctions, but a more detailed page that would work through nameservers)

I believe the GoDaddy brand would help convert more sales 'Afternic' which not nearly as people know of.

Would you use GoDaddy landing pages to sell your domains?

Nope

•••
I avoid GD whenever possible. So why should i use them for anything new

•••
Would I give away my traffic and my enquiry. Go daddy already have domain parking.

•••
I avoid GD whenever possible. So why should i use them for anything new

Because most end users use them and prefer them, I have had buyers say if you don't transfer it to GoDaddy, cancel the sale, we are not paying.

And plenty of people who are not in the domain bubble, associate domains = GoDaddy. I was at a party last year, and when someone said what do you do? I said buy and sell and write about domain names, they said "Oh GoDaddy."

•••
Sadly,

I have found Godaddy perform better then any other marketplace for me. I don't knew why people just don't put URL in browser & land into my undeveloped landing page. Instead they simply make an offer from godaddy domain marketplace (Note that 100% of my name on Godaddy is in make offer listing)

I don't knew there is any landing page solution from Godaddy. But if there is one then I am ready to make all my domains pointing to there landing page. I always ready to pay 20% commission to them as they make more sales for me then any other marketplace.

•••
Maybe Im wrong but it is also the worst transaction procedure in the industry

•••
•••
Definitely Yes.

We may hate Godaddy as much as we can, but the truth is Godaddy is the most popular of them all, when it comes to non-domainers. It brings a sense of trust in end users, which is a very important factor in business..!!
You never know, there may be potential buyer visiting your landing pages and do not hit the 'buy now' button just because they are insecure or never heard about your landing page provider..!!

Last edited:
•••
Hate them or love them, the fact is, business is business, most end users are going to trust buying a domain directly through GoDaddy more than anywhere else.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I would use GoDaddy landing pages only if I really feel they convert much better than anything already on the market, otherways no. As @DonDraper stated above they really have the worst transaction procedure in the industry. Not only they make you wait about 20 days to get your money but in some cases they really take a piss. For instance I'm still waiting to be paid for a sale I've made in June, now compare this with Sedo or Undeveloped and it obviously becomes a joke. No real escrow, they just let you deal with the buyer and grab 20%. I personally wouldn't use any GD landing pages over let's say Undeveloped knowing that I'll send type in traffic and potential buyers their way and wait a month for the funds to be released in exchange.

•••
I've had buyers click godaddy buy it now (+commission) over cheaper escrow.com option offered. I believe in the trust factor and would use them. I'm not a fan of paying for discount pricing/parking and they have much streamlining yet to do.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back