IT.COM

poll Would you take the Covid Vaccine when it becomes available

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Are you willing to get vaccinated for Covid

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes but only if required by my employer

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

oldtimer

SaveThyWorld.com Let's not leave anyone behindTop Member
Impact
The only way to end this Pandemic is if the majority of the people around the World get vaccinated.

It's amazing that several vaccines have already been developed in record time and thus far they all show very good results as far as creating some level of immunity against Covid19 without causing any major side effects and supposedly even if those who have been vaccinated come down with the disease it won't be at the more severe levels that require hospitalization.

There are many companies that are working on the vaccine although the top contenders currently are Moderna, Pfizer, and AstraZeneca:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...d-vaccine-heres-what-we-know-them/6308571002/

I personally would be first in line to get the vaccine as I am in the older category with some history of heart problems and although I believe that everyone should be free to make their own choices, but this will only be effective in stopping the Pandemic if the majority of the people (like over 80% or so) get vaccinated.

Please do your own research about the vaccines and indicate your choice in the poll (visible to all) and post any justification for your decision as to whether you are going to get the vaccine or not below.

IMO

Thread rules: everyone is invited to participate as long as things are kept on topic and are on the constructive, professional, and respectful side.

If you provide a link to anything make sure that it pertains to the subject of this thread and give a brief description as to what it is about, and if you are just expressing your own personal opinion make sure to put IMO an the end of your comment (In My Opinion).

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I must be missing something. So what you are saying is by me taking the vaccine it's a contribution to humanity ?? Risk vs rewards, I've decided the risks of taking this "vaccine" far outweigh the alleged benefits. What effect does my decision have on you or anyone? If I get covid and die, so be it. I'm at peace with God. I don't understand your statement " plunging into total disarray and chaos." ? If you want to elaborate, I'm all ears.

Vaccinations are voluntary, it's a personal choice. If they were mandated, I would definitely be more concerned. From an objective perspective, being innoculated reduces my risk of contraction, therefore I am not only benefitting but also reducing the risk of spreading the virus to others.

•••
I must be missing something. So what you are saying is by me taking the vaccine it's a contribution to humanity ?? Risk vs rewards, I've decided the risks of taking this "vaccine" far outweigh the alleged benefits. What effect does my decision have on you or anyone? If I get covid and die, so be it. I'm at peace with God. I don't understand your statement " plunging into total disarray and chaos." ? If you want to elaborate, I'm all ears.

You although are considered to be an individual with all the rights that you are entitled to have as a person, but you have to realize that at a more fundamental level you really are a member of the human species and as such certain things that you do are going to have an impact on others not just politically or socially, but from the medical point of view which perhaps does not differentiate between humans and other animals as much.

So for you getting vaccinated as a human being is not really that much different than the cows or chickens getting vaccinated.

It all has to do with creating herd immunity which is supposed to help stop the spread of the virus. Eventually we might have to expand the vaccination programs to include our pets and perhaps other animals that are vulnerable to Covid in order to reduce the reservoir of bodies that the virus can invade and use to multiply in.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Vaccinations are voluntary, it's a personal choice.

Luckily we might be able to develop herd immunity even if some people choose not to get vaccinated as long as about 70% or more of the population (globally) are vaccinated.

Educating people is the key in achieving herd immunity.

But we also have to understand that our medical technologies and abilities and our understanding of how life works in general still have a long way to go to be able to guarantee 100% success not only with the vaccination programs, but also when it comes to the many other medical procedures and medicines that we are already accustomed to.

It seems that the Humanity in big part has come to the conclusion that the best way to bring this virus under control is by abiding by the safety and hygiene protocols and guidelines that are recommended by the top experts and by having the majority of the people getting vaccinated.

But everyone still has to realize that there are no guarantees, and as such it's probably best to also be thinking of some long term plans incase if this virus becomes a permanent part of our lives same as with the cold or flu.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Luckily we might be able to develop herd immunity even if some people choose not to get vaccinated as long as about 70% or more of the population (globally) are vaccinated.

Educating people is the key in achieving herd immunity.

I was skeptic about the vaccine too as I've had negative reactions to vaccines before. I also believe in alternative medicine (but don't push it), have read and watched the anti-vax material. For me, personally, I chose to get vaccinated, in fact I just received my second dose an hour ago. The first round, symptoms were basically just tiredness but I felt normal afterward (no disconnect), we'll see how this round goes... :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
I must be missing something. So what you are saying is by me taking the vaccine it's a contribution to humanity ?? Risk vs rewards, I've decided the risks of taking this "vaccine" far outweigh the alleged benefits. What effect does my decision have on you or anyone? If I get covid and die, so be it.

That approach should make you a greater potential covid spreader to others than if you got a vaccine.

As people catch covid, new variants are developing from it. More people catch it, greater the possibility. When those variants turn out to be worse in ways than the usual, that affects others. Fewer vaccinated, greater the risk of that.

But odds are you won't die. More likely you'd catch covid and develop long term health issues from it, that would be a drain on others and on systems like medical, welfare, while trying to help you deal with it. More of a drain on society, less of a contributor.

•••
What we really need is a Hyper Vaccine that can cure the kind of wrong mindsets that seem to be controlling some of the people around the World right now (including those who are in the position of influence and leadership over others).

The funny thing is that the reckless people who go to the crowded places like beaches and bars are in most cases the same people who don't want to wear masks or get vaccinated.

Basing all our decisions on Logic and Compassion is what is going to save us.

Logic alone is not going to be enough by itself because Logic might tell us that we should eliminate all the weak and vulnerable instead of trying to help them, that's why having Compassion is as important as thinking logically.

We should stick to Logic and Compassion all the way to the end because if we ignore one the other one will take us off the right track by itself.

We should never come to a point that We lose our Compassion, because once we start on that road violence and cruelty will take over and will take us off the right track.

So you might ask how do we control the negative forces and elements that don't care about others and who don't want to change their ways,

Well the answer is by becoming a Smart and Righteous Force For Good that can control and contain the situation by using sheer amount of force and technology to preempt and overwhelm the extremist, fanatics, and those who don't want to conform to the Universal Principles and Values that are derived from Logic and Compassion and that we all have come to agree upon and by planning ahead to redesign the World so that we won't ever find ourselves in a situation that we have to resort to cruelty and violence by trying to make an example of a few as a deterrence to others.

The key element here is for us to become a Smart and Righteous Force For Good ourselves first.

And so that means that we can't violate others rights when no one is watching or that we think that we can get away with it. And we can't have certain elements in power do our dirty work for us while we pretend to be good ourselves. (and by we I really mean you guys)

You all really can't fool yourselves any longer, you have to become a Smart and Righteous Force For Good if there is going to be any chances for the Humanity and the World to be saved.

:xf.wink::angelic::xf.smile:

IMO

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Common fungus emerges as threat to hospitalized COVID-19 patients

"COVID-19 brings thousands of people into hospitals every day—but their coronavirus infections are not always the direct reason they die. Dangerous secondary infections by opportunistic pathogens are common in intensive care units, and physicians are raising the alarm about a particular microbial threat to COVID-19 patients: a common fungus known as Aspergillus."

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/03/common-fungus-emerges-threat-hospitalized-covid-19-patients

•••
Dexamethasone hailed as lifesaver for up to a million Covid patients worldwide

"Dexamethasone – the inexpensive steroid that quickly emerged as a highly effective Covid therapy thanks to a large drug testing programme pioneered by UK scientists – has so far saved the lives of an estimated million people globally, including 22,000 in the UK, according to NHS England."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-for-up-to-a-million-covid-patients-worldwide

•••
WHO says most regions of the globe are seeing an increase in Covid cases as variants spread

• "Most regions of the globe are seeing an increase in new Covid-19 cases as highly contagious variants continue to spread, the World Health Organization said Monday.
  • New cases worldwide increased by 8% over the last week, the fifth week in a row that the WHO has seen an increase in transmission, the WHO's Maria Van Kerkhove said.
  • Cases in Europe, where the highly contagious B.1.1.7 variant is rapidly spreading, increased by 12%, Van Kerkhove said."

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/22/cov...-an-increase-in-cases-as-variants-spread.html

•••
•••
Some Nations Could Wait Years for Covid Shots. That’s Bad for Everyone.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/22/world/africa/africa-vaccine-inequality-covid.html

Heck, I bet that when they get a chance the acceptance rate for taking the vaccine will be dramatically higher in second and third world countries than current first world trends. It would not surprise me, in say three years or so, if the primary source of covid comes from people unwilling to get vaccinated in the U.S. and Europe.

•••
•••

Wow, the scapegoat for everything.

Posted on Skull and Bones day to boot.

If you check out the book LIES MY TEACHER TOLD ME by James Loewin you will see there was 100% literacy in the colonies before compulsory schooling.

The families taught the children to read.

....Could be done again soundly today if the parents and grandparents could pry themselves away from the satanic media IMHO

•••
WHO says most regions of the globe are seeing an increase in Covid cases as variants spread

• "Most regions of the globe are seeing an increase in new Covid-19 cases as highly contagious variants continue to spread, the World Health Organization said Monday.
  • New cases worldwide increased by 8% over the last week, the fifth week in a row that the WHO has seen an increase in transmission, the WHO's Maria Van Kerkhove said.
  • Cases in Europe, where the highly contagious B.1.1.7 variant is rapidly spreading, increased by 12%, Van Kerkhove said."

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/22/cov...-an-increase-in-cases-as-variants-spread.html

Cases mean nothing...

(And another :56 posting to mock the masses)
Screen-Shot-2020-09-13-at-4.17.17-PM-600x781.png

Remember what Mullis said about his tests:
http://karymullis.net

Last edited:
•••
Wow, the scapegoat for everything.

Posted on Skull and Bones day to boot.

If you check out the book LIES MY TEACHER TOLD ME by James Loewin you will see there was 100% literacy in the colonies before compulsory schooling.

The families taught the children to read.

....Could be done again soundly today if the parents and grandparents could pry themselves away from the satanic media IMHO

I don't approve of what has become of Humanity and the World after thousands of years of civilization specially the way that things are being run and managed around the Globe which seem to be benefiting just a few at the cost of many who have to suffer needlessly,

And hence the fact that I have been repeatedly mentioning the need for the Humanity as a whole to have to be able to ascend to a new level of thinking and existence that is based on the Universal Principles and Values that are derived from Logic and Compassion so that we can enter a new era that is going to allow everyone to live a righteous, safe, productive, healthy, and happy life.

So what is your solution other than just not listening to the Media.

IMO

•••
•••
•••
•••
How Iceland clamped down to conquer coronavirus

"Yes, Iceland is a remote island in the North Atlantic, with just one international airport. And yes, it is home to fewer than half a million people. So it would be fair to assume that it has luck to thank for becoming the first country in Europe to virtually rid itself of Covid."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56412790

•••
•••
•••
•••
From my experience, the second dose induces mild flu-like symptoms (muscle ache, chills, tiredness, soreness at the injection site), not uncommon and should disappear within a few days as immunity is established.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/201...S_What_Expect_COVID-19_Vax_Final_12.13.20.pdf
My father and I both got our 2nd shot 3/5.
My only symptom was a little soreness in the arm for two days, (just like with any other shot) and my dad (tough old man that he is) said it didnt bother him at all.

We'll see about all the hysteria against it in time I guess.

Peace,
Kenny

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back