NameSilo

Would really need help from Pro Ebay Sellers and advices from Fellow NPER

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
This is getting frustrating.

Supposingly, everyone would love to sell their domains to end-user and i'm not an exception too. However, because my domains aren't those that can go past $100 but also not those that will go below $10 either(explained later), i resorted to ebay.

Days after days have passed and i get really disappointed. I posted a few domains like installment-loan.com, buythere.com and they couldn't even get a bid. Better domains like ejoblinks, kidtutoring, htmlsources and even nightclubdirect went for only 99cents!. I know Htmlsources worth at least $10 at least because a nper offered me that price right after i posted in appraisal thread!

I really thought my domains were worthless enough until i figured out that most of my individual domain ebay listing couldn't even go past 10 views. So how would people bid on the domains when the domains dont even get noticed and there goes a few domains which i really like for 99cents! :'(

To double confirm if my domains are not that worthless, i posted a few domains on Namepros for $10 and they are taken immediately, like hot cakes! But hey! This is a domain forum and not a developer forum? Whatever price i recieve are most probably reseller price? Then why cant it sell at Ebay, a place where there should be end-users and a place where i should expect better price?

i've not given up hope on Ebay however because apparently, it seems that the problem lies with me. I did a check on an ebay 'power-seller' and his domain listings get hundreds of views each! What's worse is some of his domains are crappier than mine(i'm talking about common sense here) and they sell for $10+. Domains which i think are of the same standard as mine gets $30-$100+.

This is just bullsh!t i thought and at that moment of time, i was going thorugh some dropped domains and was about to register a few domains when i thought HECK, i wont be able to sell them even if i reg them.

Guess what. I check on that power-seller's Ebay store today and i saw two domains which i was about to reg that day if not for being depressed upon not being able to sell it for profit even if i reg them; Heavena.com and asloo.com. They are not really great a domain but he would definitely be able to sell it for profit because all of his listings go pass the $10 mark. However, if i were to reg heavena.com and asloo.com that day, most probably i would end up as 99cents on ebay.

Does any pro ebayers have advices to give me? What did i do wrong and how can i get a large amount of views like the powerseller did. I'm really tired of selling my domains for 99cents.

Would really appreciate your help dear NPer,

yap

p.s: i did try setting the starting auction price at $9.99 and my latest setback is directorystructure.com which is ultra generic imo with millions of searches. It went for $9.99 indeed and there were only 10 views on the listing when auction ended. But no point setting at a higher price because what if people refuse to bid on them? I would have wasted the listing fee. :|

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey - not an ebay pro, but here's my 2 cents.

Ebay doesn't necessarily mean good prices; Many of the buyers there could be novices in domaining, and wouldn't know how to assess value. I've seen 4 letter domains go for pretty low rates, and some not so good domains end up with huge prices. You'll also see many "fake PR" domains touted out there, too.

To that extent, forums like NP are a better choice; people here know more, and chances are you'll get a more realistic price.

Regardless, if you are keen on Ebay, there are a couple of points to note

a) You've already identified the low number of views as a key issue - this is what you need to attack, first off.

• list your domains for a longer period, to allow greater chance of someone stumbling on it
  • Promote your auction - some forums do allow listing external auctions, plus look at classifieds, blog comments and other possible link building methods
  • Your first auction may NOT become a success. Your goal should be to build up awareness of your offers.
  • Having a larger number of simultaneous auctions (multiple domains. one auction each) could help reinforce each other

b) Network with other domain sellers on ebay; it isn't easy to find them or to network (unless you spam); nevertheless, it's something that'll benefit you in the long run.

Don't look at domaining for overnight results. While you can get some fast bucks, real value lies in being able to hold on, and improve on the domain's attractiveness (traffic, rank, etc.)

•••
ahhhhhhh yet another setback.

SupplierLists went for $21 with only 12 non unique views when the auction ended. 3 or 4 of them was my own views lol and If not for 2 buyers vying with each other, it would be 1 bid again.

2cworth said:
Hey - not an ebay pro, but here's my 2 cents.

Ebay doesn't necessarily mean good prices; Many of the buyers there could be novices in domaining, and wouldn't know how to assess value. I've seen 4 letter domains go for pretty low rates, and some not so good domains end up with huge prices. You'll also see many "fake PR" domains touted out there, too.

To that extent, forums like NP are a better choice; people here know more, and chances are you'll get a more realistic price.

Regardless, if you are keen on Ebay, there are a couple of points to note

a) You've already identified the low number of views as a key issue - this is what you need to attack, first off.

• list your domains for a longer period, to allow greater chance of someone stumbling on it
  • Promote your auction - some forums do allow listing external auctions, plus look at classifieds, blog comments and other possible link building methods
  • Your first auction may NOT become a success. Your goal should be to build up awareness of your offers.
  • Having a larger number of simultaneous auctions (multiple domains. one auction each) could help reinforce each other

b) Network with other domain sellers on ebay; it isn't easy to find them or to network (unless you spam); nevertheless, it's something that'll benefit you in the long run.

Don't look at domaining for overnight results. While you can get some fast bucks, real value lies in being able to hold on, and improve on the domain's attractiveness (traffic, rank, etc.)

Hi, good to see you again. Just added you in msn :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back