NameSilo

Would Like Your Input on Next DNJournal.com Cover Story on BuyDomains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
BuyDomains.com chief Michael Mann has agreed to be the subject of the next Cover Story at Domain Name Journal. I haven't done this before, but since people feel so strongly about BD, I would like to get input from you on questions you would like to see Mike address in this article. You can either post them here, PM or email them to me. No way to tell what will wind up getting used (and I have plenty of questions of my own) but I will consider all suggestions. Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Cool Duke. I'll see what I can come up with.

PS
I'm still waiting for the "Ron James" NamePros.com cover story :)
Cheers!

•••
Originally posted by NameCaster
Cool Duke. I'll see what I can come up with.

PS
I'm still waiting for the "Ron James" NamePros.com cover story :)
Cheers!

The way this place is growing I wouldn't rule it out. :tu:

•••
There is no doubt that considerable time and effort (and persistence and expense) was put into their "system" of snapping (maybe that's the wrong word ;) ) up quality domain names. It's obvious to most resellers, at least, that they have enjoyed much success.
My question would be directed at some of the "unique circumstances" involving their system, though very general in nature. Is it a 24x7 job, how many folks are staffed there ... and then regarding their sales, at both the Reseller and End user levels. Do they get a poor/fair/good/excellent response to those "THIS DOMAIN IS FOR SALE" pages?
Finally, I would ask/suggest if they'd consider ever getting rid of those annoying pop up/under's at those very pages ... LOL ... all IMHO, of course.
Please keep us posted, Duke and Good Luck with the story.
-Jeff B-)

•••
As the success of drop catching services that utilize a bidding model (Pool and Namewinner specifically), BuyDomains is frequently the high bidder in the "high dollar" auctions.

They are often willing to pay more for names than any other reseller would consider reasonable. What's going on here?

Beacuase of this BuyDomains is quickly becoming one of the most despised names in the industry. I guess they can be congratulated for that.

Obviously they are buying for resale, but how is it they expect to get a return on their investment on all these names? Some of the prices they pay seem nuts.

I'm sure your article is going to answer a lot of questions.

•••
Originally posted by -RJ-
Obviously they are buying for resale, but how is it they expect to get a return on their investment on all these names? Some of the prices they pay seem nuts.

I'm sure your article is going to answer a lot of questions.

That question will definitely make the cut RJ. I know a lot of people are mystified. Maybe they are placing a bet on a huge run-up in domain prices (we are all seeing it tougher to buy domains at a halfway decent price as the options keep getting fewer and fewer). Could be an expensive gamble but they could probably afford it.

•••
Originally posted by Duke
The way this place is growing I wouldn't rule it out. :tu:

Thanks Duke :)

On that note:
To be quite honest the only experience I've had with BuyDomains is "bad experience".
That being said.
I'm not sure I could provide productive information for your article.

Cheers!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back