IT.COM

Worst webhost!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Okay about a month ago I wanted to start my own web hosting company and I was looking for the cheapest yet most reliable reseller out there. I visited some sites, and then I found hostingspace4u.com (DO NOT USE THIS SITE!). Being arrogant I signed up for the unlimited/unmetered space/bandwidth plan, which at the time was only $15 a year. Sounds pretty good right? I signed up and everything was going pretty good until maybe three or four days after I signed up. I first saw that I did not have unlimited/unmetered disk space, I only had 200 GB. The next thing was that the cpanel was not up-to-date (still is not up-to-date). So I ignored those few things and moved on with it. Then after a week of signing up, my site was down for three days. No access to my cpanel, webmail, site, or hostingspace4u.com. Finally it was up, and I thought maybe they were updating the server, or updating the cpanel. Nope it was still the old one. After that incident everything became fine again. My site was up for about two weeks, but I no longer wanted to be hosted by them so I asked for a refund. Their refund policy is that you have to ask within forty-five days, and I was only hosted with them for twenty-six days. So anyways I contacted the customer support, and asked them for a refund. Their response was β€œwe give 45 day not foraver” (exact words). Then I explained to them how long I was hosted, and sent a screenshot of my invoice. Then they responded with β€œsorry we cant give u refund” (exact words). I was really upset and I submitted another support ticket asking why they couldn’t give me a refund, and so far no response. So I guess that goes to show you that the whole unlimited/unmetered disk space and bandwidth is not real, and I recommend do not fall for any offers like that! I personally will never look for a offer like this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry to hear about your experiences - it's really bad that there are hosts out there that treat people like this.

Unfortunately "unlimited" disk space and bandwidth is impossible, hence I guess a lesson to us all is to avoid "unlimited" hosts at all costs.

Sorry again to hear about your troubles.

•••
Yeah I advise no one to buy into the unlimited/unmetered theory. Thanks for the response.

•••
sorry to hear what happened to you. To add to what tristanperry have said, you have looked for the "cheapest" and you got one. You get what you pay for as they say.

When you're looking for hosting companies, always look for:
1. uptime - very important to you not to lose sales everyday. also very important for your customers as well.

2. bandwidth - there's no such thing as unlimited, unmetered is more likely but they don't come in cheap.

3. web space - there's no unlimited, really check what space are you paying for.

4. support - customer support must be knowledgeable after all you approach as last resort if you've exhausted everything you know and still it has problems then you come to them. Always available for you when you need them.

•••
Haha yeah I guess I found what I was looking for. Thanks for the advice, but I'm not going to be a webhost company quite yet. I will be reading and researching a lot more lol.

•••
Yeah i guess being webhosting company all of a sudden is not good too, learn the tricks of the trade first if you haven't good luck to your endeavors.

infamousjose said:
Haha yeah I guess I found what I was looking for. Thanks for the advice, but I'm not going to be a webhost company quite yet. I will be reading and researching a lot more lol.

•••
15 a year was the first sign of trouble

•••
The language sounds like a little kid... sorry to hear about your loss :(

I never understood how a company can offer unlimited storage space without being sued for false advertising. Unlimited hd is simply impossible... Besides, after a while, if your successfull using up all their resources for just $15 a year they arn't going to go along with that, they will just make up a new TOS which in most cases they state "we can edit our TOS at any time without notice" then just use it against you to get rid of ya...

•••
Yeah like Tomi-gwc said sounds like they're either little kids or just foreign with very little English knowledge :p Hope you get your refund. I actually just closed my "Shared" Hosting Services and gave every user (within the given time-frame) a full refund and recent backup upon request. Hosts really should be more accommodating. If it was more I'd say take them to court, but no use for $15 :p

-RageD

•••
infamousjose said:
β€œwe give 45 day not foraver”
β€œsorry we cant give u refund”
:lol:

at least you couldn't have lost that much, although it is a definite loss. it's also good that you've walked away before actually getting customers and inadvertently p_ssing them off. solid and reliable web hosts are hard to find these days, and even the "big" and "established" hosting companies often offer this so-called unlimited webspace / bandwidth packages.

•••
On any host you need to remember for your data and do backups. And this is right way and web hosting provider won't prevent that. So if data is important for you I think tat fo sure you need to add that.

On any host you need to remember for your data and do backups. And this is right way and web hosting provider won't prevent that. So if data is important for you I think tat fo sure you need to add that to your task table

•••
Sounds pretty gaytarded. I recommend hostgator or a host-per-post solution.

•••
dam, i also had a exp similar to that, it was a company called VelCom. I hope this doesnt to anyone again

•••
weblord said:
sorry to hear what happened to you. To add to what tristanperry have said, you have looked for the "cheapest" and you got one. You get what you pay for as they say.

When you're looking for hosting companies, always look for:
1. uptime - very important to you not to lose sales everyday. also very important for your customers as well.

2. bandwidth - there's no such thing as unlimited, unmetered is more likely but they don't come in cheap.

3. web space - there's no unlimited, really check what space are you paying for.

4. support - customer support must be knowledgeable after all you approach as last resort if you've exhausted everything you know and still it has problems then you come to them. Always available for you when you need them.

5. Most companies with a domain like hostingspace4u are not professional and is probably a very young unexperienced person running the show.

The whois for the domain is poorly filled out (all lowercase) etc. Also it looks like he keeps changing the owner or something.... 139 records have been archived since 2007-10-16.

http://whois.domaintools.com/hostingspace4u.com

Sorry for your loss, but at such a cheap price from an unknown "company", you get what you pay for.

•••
This has been very bad seeing this review. Always the hosts should stick to their TOS and should act upon it if anything goes beyond their hands.

•••
•••
•••
eboundhost.com --> Some of the worst scammers I've dealt with so far.

•••
•••
Sounds like you have had a bit of bad experience here. Search around for your next webhost, there are some really good ones out there. Look for customer support and more importantly read what other people have to say on them (A MUST). Good luck :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back