Dynadot

advice Worried about a potential scam in this forum.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

abcuser123

Established Member
Impact
Hi all

I recently bought a domain at a low price and sold it here at a higher price. The problem is, the buyer and seller of the domain is from the same organization. I was wondering, why would a person sell a domain at a low price and then offer to buy it back at a higher price...unless... it may be a scam? We transact using Paypal so I was afraid after I transferred the domain, he would file for a chargeback in his account to get his buying fees back.

It's my first domain sale but now I am kinda worried that I am a target for scam. What should I do?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You could use Escrow.com instead of Paypal.

•••
These is a possible explanation that has happen to me as well!
The seller may forgot to unlist the domain from all marketplaces, and he may had an offer from a buyer, after he had sold the name to you.

•••
Any update on what finally happened? Did the sale go through smoothly?

•••
Yes, thank God the sale was ok! Thanks for your concern!

•••
Yes, thank God the sale was ok! Thanks for your concern!
So, perhaps in some cases, the best opportunity for a subsequent sale might be the original seller?! Glad it worked out for you.

•••
It's very weird though in my opinion. But whatever it is, I am glad it is an honest sale!

•••
It's very weird though in my opinion. But whatever it is, I am glad it is an honest sale!
Well, as a previous owner, if he had received an offer for a much higher amount, I would hope that would instead have been passed on to you. It is unclear why the buy back happened. Hopefully, it was otherwise simply going to be a loss for the individual, if they were in trouble for trying to sell a domain that they no longer owned.

Congrats, in any case, on the sale.

•••
I did not make a lot of money though from the sale. But a sale is better than no sale and paying renewals year after year in hopes of an end user interest in the domain!

•••
Back