IT.COM

Wordpress Devlopment Themes and ideas

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I couldn't find a thread on wordpress development, different themes and favorite plugins, so i thought I would

start one and see if there is any interest. If not it will get buried soon enough.

I am currently looking for a theme at themeforest and wanted to now if anyone had any favorites they use?

Or is there a different place I could look for a good theme?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like ThemeForest. What kind of theme are you looking for? What is the purpose?

•••
•••
•••
I just want a plain site, no sliders, narrow header for logo and title.
Still trying to figure out where I get free photo's to add to a theme, and a free logo maker
I used bannerfans.com for simple logo's but they have been down for a while

•••
Plain site - Wordpress.org
Free photos - Google images
Free logo - Trademarkia.com

•••
Google images will lead to legal problem. Use Pixabay
If you are sound with css and stuff use Genesis otherwise use Thrive themes

•••
I like this one http://pix-theme.com/wordpress/safeguard/
Can i get rid of the image that shows at top of page if i buy this theme?

I was wondering about google pics, thanks. I am not of sound mind, so I need a theme thats easy :xf.confused:
As I get better I may do a slider, and other tweeks

•••
•••
You can customize it .
If you run into some problem you can hire someone from fiverr to fully customize it for you.
Thrive Themes are awesome.

•••
for free photos you can use morguefile.com, thenounproject.com for free icons.

plugins i suggest all in one seopack and google xml sitemaps. shortcodes ultimate is also a plugin i like.

•••
Beaver Builder is a nice page builder, it is subscription based.

•••
•••
The theme MegaTron is currently ine of the best looking themes available.. modern and responsive

•••
Thanks Nappy, it does look good.
If anyone has an example of a word press site they built, so we can see themes in action would be awesome.
Thank you Rocky123 I think am hooked on the thrive theme Rise. Its bit less money. And money back guarantee so that's a plus.
Happy I found website can make cheap logo's and banners CoolText.com, great for ebay listings too.
Look forward to more suggestions and ideas. Some example word press sites people have built would be :xf.smile:

•••
•••
I've been fooling around with Thrive Themes (Focus blog) on

x2.biz
z5.biz

No coding or css required. :)

•••
Thats a nice one Focus blog theme, do they come with a contact form, or is a plugin needed? Can't find that anywhere.
The description doesn't look good when I google site:z5.biz
Did you try blocking the robots?

•••
I have their whole suite including Landing pages and Leads so the forms I have needed are included.

I have barely touched the surface of what it can do. I think I finally have a tool that honestly lets me do what I want without having to know css and javascript.

I have WP set to discourage search engines since I am just messing around.

•••
The complete package looks awesome. That's why I haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Good to hear you are happy with the all in package. I think it is the way to go.
Thanks for making the decision easier :xf.confused:

•••
The best part is their constant updates and educational videos.

•••
I been reading their blog, and facebook. They have some good articles, learned a few things.I haven't been able to see behind the scene yet, need a password and that isnt free. One last look around before I decide

•••
•••
•••
Or just use one of the wordpress default themes and build on it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back