Dynadot

Wordpress Devlopment Themes and ideas

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I couldn't find a thread on wordpress development, different themes and favorite plugins, so i thought I would

start one and see if there is any interest. If not it will get buried soon enough.

I am currently looking for a theme at themeforest and wanted to now if anyone had any favorites they use?

Or is there a different place I could look for a good theme?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Google images will lead to legal problem. Use Pixabay
If you are sound with css and stuff use Genesis otherwise use Thrive themes

•••
Plain site - Wordpress.org
Free photos - Google images
Free logo - Trademarkia.com

•••
You can customize it .
If you run into some problem you can hire someone from fiverr to fully customize it for you.
Thrive Themes are awesome.

•••
•••
I use premiumpress theme for my domain portfolio. You can see it live here: domainstant.com

•••
I like ThemeForest. What kind of theme are you looking for? What is the purpose?

•••
•••
•••
I like this one http://pix-theme.com/wordpress/safeguard/
Can i get rid of the image that shows at top of page if i buy this theme?

I was wondering about google pics, thanks. I am not of sound mind, so I need a theme thats easy :xf.confused:
As I get better I may do a slider, and other tweeks

•••
for free photos you can use morguefile.com, thenounproject.com for free icons.

plugins i suggest all in one seopack and google xml sitemaps. shortcodes ultimate is also a plugin i like.

•••
•••
I've been fooling around with Thrive Themes (Focus blog) on

x2.biz
z5.biz

No coding or css required. :)

•••
•••
The Avada theme from themforest is pretty Decent and so is the Zblackbeard theme by themeisle

•••
For free images you can also try freeimages.com (formely hxc.hu) . Saved my day a few times when the budget used to be 0.
However you should not expect professional quality - these are usually leftovers or hobby pics. Still way beter than google images, trough.
Themes... I've recenty bought a full subscription for mythemeshop.com suits for simpe (but modern, functional and responsive) blogs/magazines. I've never found good enough in my oppinion free theme.

•••
Are both the themes in your signature Avada, Messiah? They are both really nice sites, just want i want..
Thanks....I tried Avada before but that theme is bit heavy and too many options which I didn't like... My site aPlugins.com uses Sidewalk (best suited for design/personal blogs)... The other site AllAdsNetwork.com uses Sahifa theme (Best suited for magazine/review sites)...

Last edited:
•••
MasterOfMyDomains,
Yes, so far.... Looking for a theme for a non-commercial projet (informational/news blog). I found them while looking for a freebie :-$. They had a free light verson of one of the themes (and have another free right now), s I registered to download it. No support, I had to manually add some additional stuff to get what I wanted, but the theme was OK and is working nicely so far. Well and clean done unlike many other free ones.
Of course I started receiving specal offers and once when I was looking for a theme for video blog, I found that what I wanted was their Video theme (something that would cost me quite a lot of efford to do only by using free coponents). Righ then they had a promotion for a 15$ for a theme... OK, bought it and again good impressions. A few extra free add-ons (mainly backend for the SEO, security, backup) and tunes here and there which were easy to do thanks to the clean and understandable code and I a happy with that too. Recently I recieved an offer for full access for 99$ yearly and got it as I am planning to do several other websites.
So far, so good. And like most other theme shops, you can buy significantly cheaper if yor budget is tight and can afford a little patience to wait for a promotion.

•••
Yoast's SEO plugin is one I put on all my sites. It is free and I find it is helpful in learning how to write better posts. It goes through your text and scores the content on how well it can be understood by the search engines.

In my case, I tend to write narrative posts that tell a story from start to finish. That turns out to be dreadful for SEO. The plugin really points this out and has improved my use of sub heads and "chunking" up my content.

•••
I was considering a full subscription to mythemeshop. The themes all see easy to use and work out-of-the-box well. At least for magazine/blog sites. Has that been your experience @tech_noir?
yes. But so far I've only used only two (one free and one normal). Never even had the tme to try the full subscriotion I've bought. Just guess the others are the same quality too.
Well there are some quite minor things like inline CSS and !importants ocasionally, but generally I am happy.
Fully responsible too indeed. Also very usable if you have serveral websits and need to make them mobile-ready fast.

•••
There are btw sites like Themetix.com where one can reverse search a theme then websites using it populates. Great tool if you want to see how others design a theme you're merely thinking over.

They did the same with plugins at pluginu.com

--------------------

About security - I use All in One WP security & Firewall. Comprehensive security for admin and users (if you plan on creating a community). I like that this allows you to change your login page from domain.com/wp-admin and Database prefix to whatever string you enter.

Other features which Im looking to explore more:
File backup - I also use UpDraft which is integrated with Google Drive just in case either one doesn't work.
Comment Spam Security
Hotlink and Text copy prevention

Actually lots more.

•••
I just want a plain site, no sliders, narrow header for logo and title.
Still trying to figure out where I get free photo's to add to a theme, and a free logo maker
I used bannerfans.com for simple logo's but they have been down for a while

•••
•••
Beaver Builder is a nice page builder, it is subscription based.

•••
The theme MegaTron is currently ine of the best looking themes available.. modern and responsive

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back