IT.COM

Wordpress Devlopment Themes and ideas

NameSilo
Watch
I couldn't find a thread on wordpress development, different themes and favorite plugins, so i thought I would

start one and see if there is any interest. If not it will get buried soon enough.

I am currently looking for a theme at themeforest and wanted to now if anyone had any favorites they use?

Or is there a different place I could look for a good theme?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was considering a full subscription to mythemeshop. The themes all see easy to use and work out-of-the-box well. At least for magazine/blog sites. Has that been your experience @tech_noir?
yes. But so far I've only used only two (one free and one normal). Never even had the tme to try the full subscriotion I've bought. Just guess the others are the same quality too.
Well there are some quite minor things like inline CSS and !importants ocasionally, but generally I am happy.
Fully responsible too indeed. Also very usable if you have serveral websits and need to make them mobile-ready fast.

•••
Shouldn't everyone be building an email list? :) Would Thrive be good for a magazine site @Messiah? What sites do you use Thrive on?
Well, they should build email list but not everyone is focused towards email list building than the affiliates...
I don't use thrive actually on any of my websites. I use Sahifa for (magazine/review) and sidewalk for other sites....
Thrive seems to have a good magazine theme. You can check here... https://thrivethemes.com/themes/performag/

•••
I use theme junkie and I find them to be good

•••
Thanks everyone for the input. I chose the Rise theme by thrive. https://thrivethemes.com/themes/#themes
Constantly discovering new things, but can't seem to find what I am looking for.
Testing out support now, I've been reading everyone's posts and checking out some awesome links and theme sites.
Does anyone use jetpack? I have been looking into it, I like to have some extra security. Jetpack has google authenticator, maybe 2 factor.
Now i have a theme, I need a logo so I will be using @Penta GI . He has been really helpful so far, as i have many questions. I like his theme and site www.Gwappa.com
Maybe i will end up switching themes :xf.rolleyes: 30 day guarantee. But I do like Rise theme overall and finding new tools all the time.
Hoppy Easter Everyone

•••
There are btw sites like Themetix.com where one can reverse search a theme then websites using it populates. Great tool if you want to see how others design a theme you're merely thinking over.

They did the same with plugins at pluginu.com

--------------------

About security - I use All in One WP security & Firewall. Comprehensive security for admin and users (if you plan on creating a community). I like that this allows you to change your login page from domain.com/wp-admin and Database prefix to whatever string you enter.

Other features which Im looking to explore more:
File backup - I also use UpDraft which is integrated with Google Drive just in case either one doesn't work.
Comment Spam Security
Hotlink and Text copy prevention

Actually lots more.

•••
I forgot about this thread. Thanks again for all the tips and suggestions.
Been using pixabay for pictures, ThriveThemes I am finally getting used too.
Share your ideas and works of art :xf.smile:

•••
Hi,

Wordpress is the world's most popular tool for creating website.
Wordpress is the best option building a website. If you want to built website you can get free but premium quality wordpress theme. Find it @ KopaTheme .

Thanks

Vivek Sinha

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back