IT.COM

Wondering about this email

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello,

I recently had an email from someone who supposedly was interested in a domain of mine. After I looked up his email address in google, I read on these forums "he" was a scammer who trys to get you to pay for a domain appraisal. This email got in my spam folder in the first place, so that's why I was cautioness and decided to look up the address.

Now I have received another email which got in my spam folder. This time it's from "John" from toselldomains.com

Has anyone been approached by this guy aswell? The reason I'm asking is because he didn't state a specific domain name.

This is the email I got:

hi,
i'm interested your domain
Let me know your price
thanks

Best Regards

John
ToSellDomains.com/John

--------

Can anyone give me feedback on what to do in this case?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yes sir, scammer!

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

send the registrar a spam complaint

to [email protected]

please include header!

•••
LOL, I cannot believe I actually fell for this!

I've been working on the internet for more than 12 years and this clever SOB actually got a scam by on me.

I just joined this site because I found it at the top of google when I searched for "toselldomains.com scam".

I didn't enter any of my website information but I did use my real name, address, phone number on toselldomains and after 30 seconds of looking at it and the missing images, misspellings, etc, I figured it out.

I gotta hand it to him, this is a pretty decent operation. They must have an email scraper that pulls email addresses from whois pages and then hits you up with the email.

The most clever aspect was that I got an email 30 days ago and this one was the follow up saying he lost my email address in spam.

Hah. Oh well, I didn't give them any real pertinent info or anything so I should be okay.

The only reason it got me in the first place is because I did a google search of the domain and a few links pulled up where it looked like people were talking about selling on the site.

•••
YEP! It's a scam...

Just received the EXACT same email today addressed to "undisclosed-recipients".

What a POS.

OP, just ignore this slime ball and don't respond.

Last edited:
•••
Alright guys, thanks for the heads up :) And I feel sorry to you chris. If it wasn't for the replies on this thread, I probably would have decided to reply to him. So thanks again guys.

•••
Don't let them go away with it, charge back.
The victims should all do that, so their ability to process payments will be terminated.

•••
Ohh God!.... I had replied his email and listed my domain in ToSellDomains.com, and now someone offering $1000 for my domain
what should best i do?

•••
Make sure the offer is genuine. If it is you are lucky.
But the good names sell for themselves: somebody has to want them.
That's why appraisals are useless. They don't make domains sell if nobody wants them.

•••
i just got his e-mail. I am going to play around and waste his time.

•••
I got the same mail:
:cy:
---------------------------------
Sorry for delayed, i lost your email in bulk folder.
my customer offer is $9000 for your domain
i want buy though ToSellDomains.com its secure for both

You just list domain on there, then make buy now price is $9000, send me your link so i can purchase domain on your aution
let me know asap,
------------------------------------

•••
Gah! It seems I was fooled as well. Signed up for the site and everything.

i want buy though www.ToSellDomains.com its secure for both

You just list domain on there, then make buy now price is $9000, send me your link so i can purchase domain on your aution
let me know asap,

•••
Clearly a scam. I replied that the domain wasn't for sale and he still hit me back with the same "bulk folder, $9000" reply. He insists on buying through toselldomains.com because "its secure for both", but I've never heard of it and the toselldomains.com domain was registered less than a month ago. Looks like a poor attempt to get content sell upgrades for a new domain marketplace site.

•••
•••
Thank you for scam alert :)
i want buy though www.ToSellDomains.com its secure for both

You just list domain on there, then make buy now price is $9000, send me your link so i
can purchase domain on your aution
let me know asap,
______________________________________________________________________________________

> From: [email protected]
> Subject: interested to buy your domain.
> Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 17:16:13 -0800
>
>
> Hi
> We have a customer interested to buy your domain . If you are interested to sell it let
> me know your asking price
>
> Thanks
>
> John Sean

MYFKFYXEHODGTYSESKJKLQZJXRUIVMTNJBLFLI

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back