Dynadot

"Interested to buy your domain!"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
"interested to buy your domain!" - A scam from ToSellDomains.com & John Sean

I got a strange email today. The sender wants to buy my domain but he doesn't mention the domain name. More interestingly, he didn't forget to include tracing code at the bottom. I'm 99% sure it's a pathetic scam attempt so I'm posting this here to make you aware.

=========================================

Subject: interested to buy your domain!

Hi
We have a customer interested to buy your domain. If you are interested to sell it let me know your asking price
We dont know how to contact with you, if you got this email please contact us ASAP
Thanks

John Sean

LRLWCUQZWNSYJJIKCXJIDYJJWVCBWZWXMFQHON

==========================================

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Return Link Spam

Subject: interested to buy your domain!

Hi
We have a customer interested to buy your domain. If you are interested to sell it let me know your asking price
We dont know how to contact with you, if you got this email please contact us ASAP
Thanks

John Sean

I received the exact same email yesterday; this is a return-link spam. They send you this email with a tempting subject line (we all want to read the line 'interested to buy your domain'!!), then they don't mention which domain.
When you reply to their email, your email is 'undeliverable to that address'.
The sender also includes a link to their website... which is entirely what the email was for in the first place: not to buy your domain, but to get you to visit their website. It's an annoying spam or scam, sending you a fraudulent email (fraudulent = purporting to be for one purpose, then turning out to be an entirely different purpose), using a return email addy that is somehow cloaked so you cannot reply to them, and all this is to force you to click the link to visit their site if you want to find out about 'who wants to buy your domain', har de har.

This is a nefarious marketing tool we all hate; and I'd recommend changing your thread title to something like:
ToSellDomains.com & John Sean - Beware!
Since the spam emails are being sent to get visitors to that website.

Also, I received that email last night, just minutes after posting to the 'your reg of the day' thread here at Namepros. I posted a new name I regged, and then minutes later received that spam email. Did you happen to notice if the same thing happened to you, did you get that email after posting on the reg of the day thread, or starting an appraisal thread for a new name, something like that at Namepros?

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for posting additional information. I didn't mail him back and had no idea about the undeliverable email mechanism and their sneaked website.

Did you happen to notice if the same thing happened to you, did you get that email after posting on the reg of the day thread, or starting an appraisal thread for a new name, something like that at Namepros?
No, I don't think I posted anything on NamePros at that day. However I had some active sale thread and that's how he found me probably. If not that, then we are also listed in "Currently Active Users" at the bottom, each time we visit the forum.

I'd recommend changing your thread title to something like:
ToSellDomains.com & John Sean - Beware!
I updated the thread title accordingly.

•••
I also seen the same scam in other websites. It further said the person is doing this scam to create users for his website. So beware. I'm just putting the article i got to see.

--------------
Another Scam ToSellDomains.com
bill | March 17, 2012 | 0 Comments

scamRecently I received an email asking me if I wanted to sell my domain. I have gotten a few legit ones, so when he stated in his email that he already had a client offering 9k to buy my domain name .com for 9k, my interest was peaked.

No, I wouldn’t have sold it, even for 9k. This site is my baby. But I wanted to know who and why they wanted it. So I sent a reply to see if this was legit or not.

Now, I get SPAM and BS stuff all of the time. But this guy is a bit different as he is obviously a person, so he answers your emails and everything looks “real”. But again, it is a scam and all he is trying to do is get people to sign up on his site. Man I hate this sort of thing! So beware this guy and his site!

Here is the first email I received…

> From: john487357806
> Subject: interested to buy your domain.
> Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 17:16:13 -0800
>
>
> Hi
> We have a customer interested to buy your domain . If you are interested to sell it let me know your asking price
>
> Thanks
>
> John Sean

I sent a reply to see if he was a robot, spammer or a legit business. After a few days I received this…

Sorry for delayed, i lost your email in bulk folder.
my customer offer is $9000 for your domain
i want buy though ToSellDomains.com its secure for both

You just list domain on there, then make buy now price is $9000, send me your link so i can purchase domain on your aution
let me know asap,

So of course I checked out the site. If you notice, each domain is either selling for the 9k he told me someone wanted to buy my site for, or $300. Pretty big footprint dipshit! But whatever. Just wanted to let you all know what was happening.

I’d stay way clear of “John Sean” and this company Anyone else getting this?

Update: I just checked the site and he is obviously changing it up a bit. But if you look at the older domains on the older pages, you can see what I am talking about as far as all of them being the same price.

---------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back