IT.COM

opinion Wish to sell short Domains at Wholesale prices to End-Users

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I would appreciate your opinion please. I have acquired a quantity of short domains. I want to flip them quickly for cheap prices!

Most of them could be used for branding and start-up names I guess.

The criteria of these domains are as follows:

ยท Mainly 6, 7 and 8 letters

ยท One word and 2 words maximum

ยท All DOT COMS

ยท They all will stand up to the Radio test

ยท Some of them are already parked.

ยท I need to find a price point and hoping to sell these domains at wholesale prices to end-users. I am looking for quick turnover to sell approx. 25/50 domains a week.

ยท Prices starting at: $99 - $125 - $150 - $175 - $199

Has anyone tried something similar, and what do you think the best medium is to get targeted traffic to promote the names?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It really depends on the name.

If you plan on aiming at startups, then this can take years waiting for a startup to pick that exact name for the brand name. You can't really market them to end users (startups)if your names are brandable.

This strategy can take years and even then, doesnt guarantee any sales.

•••
Plenty have done similar the Indians do it well and make a living you have some very successful people doing just this but you then have to spam unlike what you imagine.

•••
Plenty have done similar the Indians do it well and make a living you have some very successful people doing just this but you then have to spam unlike what you imagine.

Good points, without the names we don't know what the op has. Short does not automatically = value. And when we say short in this business we are usually talking 2 to 4 letters maybe going to 5 letters.

•••
U
I would appreciate your opinion please. I have acquired a quantity of short domains. I want to flip them quickly for cheap prices!

Most of them could be used for branding and start-up names I guess.

The criteria of these domains are as follows:

ยท Mainly 6, 7 and 8 letters

ยท One word and 2 words maximum

ยท All DOT COMS

ยท They all will stand up to the Radio test

ยท Some of them are already parked.

ยท I need to find a price point and hoping to sell these domains at wholesale prices to end-users. I am looking for quick turnover to sell approx. 25/50 domains a week.

ยท Prices starting at: $99 - $125 - $150 - $175 - $199

Has anyone tried something similar, and what do you think the best medium is to get targeted traffic to promote the names?

Thanks
Point them to Dan( for type in's) for fast payment(24-48 hours), list them at afternic and sedo, with fast transfer enabled, to be in the registrar's path(if they are at the right registrar), list them here as well, at $100-$150, if they are better than average you could sell a few directly to domainers. Flippa was good for these kind of domains until a couple of years ago, but it's pretty much worthless now. At afternic (godaddy) at these prices they could be picked up by domainers as well...again, everything depends of the quality of the brandables.

Last edited:
•••
short domains like Flickr do not have any value unless some one wants to create a brand around it OR it is already an established brand (offline) without an internet-presence (which is quite rare these days).

As Boker as pointed out: list them at marketplaces that's the only chance for getting them in front of prospective buyers!

Last edited:
•••
That's kind of you to reply. Yes I listed my domains at dan.com recently and they sold one for 1500 dollars. I have many short domains ideally suitable for start-ups. As you suggest they ar

•••
That's kind of you to reply. Yes I listed my domains at dan.com recently and one was sold for 1500 dollars (I was amazed). I have many short domains ideally suitable for start-ups and totally agree that they need to be placed at marketplaces for suitable candidates looking to buy a short-ish name at an attractive price point circa $199/$299

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the pageโ€™s height.
Back