IT.COM

.win registration seems to take off

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

heartland

Established Member
Impact
Among the new gTLDs, .win is ranking on the 8th spot, but the past week registration average is over 7000, the quickest among all gTLDs. Yesterday, the number is over 9000.

.Win is a good name for sports and others. I do see quite some potentials. What is your opinion? Do you think how popular it will become?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm wondering if the word 'win' has a meaning in Chinese.
The word win has the similar pronunciation as the Chinese character ‘赢',it means success.It has a good meaning indeed.But when Chinese see the word 'win',also they will think of the Microsoft windows,which will make them confused.In chinese domain market,the .win is not so welcomed as overseas market.

•••
The reg price is fair enough
I think .win is not bad, short and has a good meaning.

•••
yeah, i guess we have to wait and see how it pans out. someone reminded me the other day that google took ABC.WIN, guess it is a counter-balance for someone registering ABC.FAIL and direct to Microsoft page.

But at least it got the attention of the big boys.

•••
Most of the registrations came through chinese registrars plus are done by chinese people. I am not sure where it would end.

Ps..By the way just for info, its available for $1 @ Gandi.net

EDIT: well looking at those high renewal rates, we would be looking for lots of drops next yr same time, stay tuned. This extension doesnt excite me as it doesnt match with most of the terms.

•••
Cheapest .WIN renewal, transfer prices: AlpNames $1,39

•••
@Wass thanks, that is the cheapest i think for transfer .win.

•••
•••
@Wass Does Namesilo have a limit for how many?

•••
.WIN is undervalued outside China. But China is rich...
The potential is huge here...

•••
•••
https://namestat.org/

Growth rate compiled for 7 days:

1 .win 100
2 .xyz 49
3 .top 9
4 .date 6
uparrow.png
5 .online 6
dnarrow.png
6 .wang (net) 6
7 .club 5
dnarrow.png
8 .miami 5
newtoday.png

9 .download 4
10 .racing 3
uparrow.png

•••
.Win sucks people in with the $1 first year registration (just like .Top and others). But renewals are a pretty high $20+ / year. Too expensive unless you have a very good name.

•••
I think .win will have great potency and time will tell

•••
and teh winrar is .win. :P

I'm wondering if the word 'win' has a meaning in Chinese.

•••
Guess it's a win win. But they all get forum hype to help move them a little then 99% go to the trash within a couple years.

•••
I think .win is potential especially for betting, auction, poker, or something. It's also memorable and short. Like betting.win.. Wonder who will buy this domain..

Last edited:
•••
.win registration is still like crazy, with over 8000 yesterday. I am just wondering where i can park .win domain for sales. All my other domains park at Sedo, but Sedo is currently not accepting .win domains.

•••
Most of the registrations came through chinese registrars plus are done by chinese people. I am not sure where it would end.

Ps..By the way just for info, its available for $1 @ Gandi.net

EDIT: well looking at those high renewal rates, we would be looking for lots of drops next yr same time, stay tuned. This extension doesnt excite me as it doesnt match with most of the terms.

Yes, XYZ's renewal is not so impressive. Over 1000 dropped yesterday!

•••
strangely over 7000 new registration for .XYZ after dropping for a few days.

•••
all the new gtlds that rank top spots seems good future:xf.grin:

•••
Chinese people know the prospect. People around my house are chinese. I know their mind set. They know how and when the time to invest and build a business. Im not being rasist, but it's based on people around me. They said themself.

•••
.win registration has been impressive, jumping from 8th spot to 4th spot within one month. If you exclude .wang, and .top, which dominantly registered by the investors from China, .win is actually only after .xyz.

now my question is where can we park .win domains? all my other unused domains go to Sedo parking, and I am wondering if any of you know where to park those .win domains.

•••
Would be a nice extension for China market. As mentioned already, in China win does not have that heroic sound as in the west.

Considering that and that the extension cannot be used multi purpose, I don't have too much hope.

•••
Sedo is currently not accepting .win domains.
Meanwhile SEDO already is accepting the .win extension.

My opinion: .win have power, but .top will win.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back