Dynadot

debate Will .xyz flourish in 2019?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Laguna

Top Member
Impact
What are your thoughts on .xyz in the coming year or two ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Someone commented on my post only a couple of hours ago that even my new hand regged names that I did in the last day or so are worthless. I take offense to this

•••
<<ShowsNowOn .com> I imagine that he noticed that another domain name, showsonnow.com (with the dreaded double consonant) is being offered for sale by some dreamer for 50000 Euro :xf.laugh:, and figured that some permutation of it would be good.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/wesellyacht-dot-com-to-appraise-please.1051660/#post-6450622
Yes, too many new domainers jump on a variation, such as the singular or the plural or adding or removing a letter or changing the order of the words, or a different extension, of some name that sold for a lot in the past, thinking that the variation that has been sitting unregistered all these years must be worth something too. Brandables aside (which are hit or miss anyway), It ain’t necessarily so!

---

but anyway, the point is that he usually argues, occasionally acknowledges, but doesn't change his ways.

Last edited:
•••
Okay I will bite. I looked them up on hosterstats.com, there is no indication they have ever been registered in the past. In means that in over 20 years nobody out of 7 billion human beings would even take them for $10. Really, it tells you something. The odds that these names could become desirable at some point in the future are as remote as winning the lottery.

By the way, I have had some success with handregs too, but often it was recently dropped domains. Or the other way is predictive domaining, anticipating new trends and buzzwords.

Everybody can find available domains of similar quality, or suitable alternatives. So there isn't a compelling reason for anybody to come to you, rather than find something else that will be good enough for the planned purpose.
I appreciate your feedback Kate but disagree on those 2 domains.
When I want to go see a show, I go on Google and type in shows on now and I assume millions of others do too. As for the other one, wealthy people go to a big city and want to hire a high end sports car for the day so a domain name like Performance Car Rental is not as bad as you might think. They will both sell. It's a case of how much and when

•••
<<ShowsNowOn .com> I imagine that he noticed that another domain name, showsonnow.com (with the dreaded double consonant) is being offered for sale by some dreamer for 50000 Euro :xf.laugh:, and figured that some permutation of it would be good.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/wesellyacht-dot-com-to-appraise-please.1051660/#post-6450622
Yes, too many new domainers jump on a variation, such as the singular or the plural or adding or removing a letter or changing the order of the words, or a different extension, of some name that sold for a lot in the past, thinking that the variation that has been sitting unregistered all these years must be worth something too. Brandables aside (which are hit or miss anyway), It ain’t necessarily so!

---

but anyway, the point is that he usually argues, occasionally acknowledges, but doesn't change his ways.
Let me and others see your portfolio too. I think you would be to embarrassed to do so

•••
If you'd care to go to my website and make an offer on any domain of mine, please do so. I receive offers almost daily and sell domains almost weekly, but anyway ... this is not a competition. The point is (for the fifth or so time), that you're clearly not willing to listen or take action on suggestions made here, so why do you ask anything?

If others wish to take up time responding to this person who doesn't listen, ga'head.

Last edited:
•••
If you'd care to go to my website and make an offer on any domain of mine, please do so. I receive offers almost daily and sell domains almost weekly, but anyway ... this is not a competition. The point is (for the fifth or so time), that you're not willing to listen or take action on suggestions made here, so why ask anything?

If others wish to take up time responding to this person who doesn't listen, ga'head.[/QUOT
Your full of it.

•••
I thought about it for somedays and am sorry to say it once again that .xyz won't flourish (n)

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I have mine on a possible google whack... xyzanite .xyz

•••
•••
I have got Petersburg.xyz is it valuable or not

•••
What are your thoughts on .xyz in the coming year or two ?
It will be same story with .xyz as it was before, so don't put your foot in that shoe imo

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back