Dynadot

domains Will we see a 7 figure sale in 2020? (A look at the biggest reported sales)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Selling a domain name for a million dollars, the dream of just about every domain name investor. Over the years many domainers have told me this is their ultimate dream. According to Namebio there have only been 125 sales recorded that come in at $1 million or more. 125 sales – 122 names as Sex.com […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thought invest.com would of been one, it was up for silent auction a little while ago....not takers by the look of it

Now the landing page is saying make offer...min of $8.8 million

Plenty of time still and whose to say some have been completed without being made public....

•••
Thought invest.com would of been one, it was up for silent auction a little while ago....not takers by the look of it

Now the landing page is saying make offer...min of $8.8 million

Plenty of time still and whose to say some have been completed without being made public....

Oh yes Nick that's why I mentioned, reported. Since 2003 we have had a reported 7 figure sale at Namebio.

•••
Oh yes Nick that's why I mentioned, reported. Since 2003 we have had a reported 7 figure sale at Namebio.
To much coffee, I'm on Australian time in the UK. Need to slow it down.....

•••
•••
We will see more bigger sales. Good domain value always increase.

•••
I am gonna make it happen in new G!
upload_2020-9-10_15-34-11.png

While .com already in use.

•••
Every asset class now is in a bubble. The only ones not in a bubble are ones massive amounts of investors don't know about, for example, domains.

Stocks in a bubble, Rolex watches in a bubble, Used car prices are up 20%, Home sale prices increasing fast, Crypto, Gold, Cash that startups are raising all flying high.

A good domain is a great investment for development (even semi development) or long term holding. But the prices will stay the same for as long as the same few people know about domain investment.

A smart investor that has money to diversify should allocate some of it to really good domains.

If someone would ask me what can we do to get more people into domaining and get prices jumping during this once in a lifetime opportunity? Here is what needs to be done, if I had the time and energy I would do it, I am posting it just in case someone does have the time to work on this, it will take domain prices to new levels (if its done during this crazy time).

There are sales every week (many posted right here on NP under completed sales) that show someone buying a domain for XX or XXX and holding it for less than a year or two and selling it for XXXX or XX,XXX. In addition, every week there are a few big sales reported.

Take that data and issue a press release, post it on social media platforms including newer ones like tiktok (in formats for each platform), pay some investment guru influencers to share the data, contact fox business, cnbc and bloomberg to try to get some of that on one of their shows. Press releases usually get very little action, but they have a purpose.

Have a site that investors can go to that has domains at investment level prices. Each domain should explain its value. You will get a lot of people buying things up and it will turn into a craze fast. It might not last forever, but right now, during this time, it will get domain prices to go to numbers that will have us all do a double take at the prices they sell for.

Domains are a real investment, they are really underpriced in most cases, it just needs to be packaged for nice and easy investment and people need to know about the returns some are having. Smart investors do not fear holding on to assets for many years, domains are great for those type of investors.

I feel we are being left out from the euphoria in the investment world now.

There are parts of the world now that the only reason real estate is up 100% in 5 years is because aggressive real estate agents reached out to foreign investors and made it easy for them to buy homes. Sometimes you need new blood in a market to get things moving.

If enough investors can understand the value of crypto, we could find enough that can understand the value of domains.

•••
Every asset class now is in a bubble. The only ones not in a bubble are ones massive amounts of investors don't know about, for example, domains.

Stocks in a bubble, Rolex watches in a bubble, Used car prices are up 20%, Home sale prices increasing fast, Crypto, Gold, Cash that startups are raising all flying high.

A good domain is a great investment for development (even semi development) or long term holding. But the prices will stay the same for as long as the same few people know about domain investment.

A smart investor that has money to diversify should allocate some of it to really good domains.

If someone would ask me what can we do to get more people into domaining and get prices jumping during this once in a lifetime opportunity? Here is what needs to be done, if I had the time and energy I would do it, I am posting it just in case someone does have the time to work on this, it will take domain prices to new levels (if its done during this crazy time).

There are sales every week (many posted right here on NP under completed sales) that show someone buying a domain for XX or XXX and holding it for less than a year or two and selling it for XXXX or XX,XXX. In addition, every week there are a few big sales reported.

Take that data and issue a press release, post it on social media platforms including newer ones like tiktok (in formats for each platform), pay some investment guru influencers to share the data, contact fox business, cnbc and bloomberg to try to get some of that on one of their shows. Press releases usually get very little action, but they have a purpose.

Have a site that investors can go to that has domains at investment level prices. Each domain should explain its value. You will get a lot of people buying things up and it will turn into a craze fast. It might not last forever, but right now, during this time, it will get domain prices to go to numbers that will have us all do a double take at the prices they sell for.

Domains are a real investment, they are really underpriced in most cases, it just needs to be packaged for nice and easy investment and people need to know about the returns some are having. Smart investors do not fear holding on to assets for many years, domains are great for those type of investors.

I feel we are being left out from the euphoria in the investment world now.

There are parts of the world now that the only reason real estate is up 100% in 5 years is because aggressive real estate agents reached out to foreign investors and made it easy for them to buy homes. Sometimes you need new blood in a market to get things moving.

If enough investors can understand the value of crypto, we could find enough that can understand the value of domains.
Yes, I will agree with this. Still not many out there know of investing in Good Domain Names especially End-Users, who will register any odd names which don;t sync with their Business when many are up for auctions or BIN at reasonable prices.

•••
The Data seems going up. i think we'll see some 7 figure sale. who is the lucky one buy me a drink. lol

•••
Didnt

Fm

And

Mr

In

Dot com

Sell for more than £1m+ lol

I thought i sawthe price somewhere

But on this weeks domainsherpa

Its mentioned that they sold for strong solid prices which i csn only mean that a 2 lletter .com starting price must be approx £1m + so its almost a given that selling for a strong solid price would suggest a£1m+ sold price each etc

•••
Last edited:
•••
I’ll report the highest public sale of the year soon. Still not 7 figs though.

•••
There are at 3 x as many billionaires than there are 2 letter. Coms

Which means that not every billionaire could own a 2 letter. Com which means as competition increases over the years to own a 2 letter . com their prices will soar in value

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back