Dynadot

discuss Will Uniregistry Shutdown?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Since Uniregistry is handing over to Godaddy next week, do you guys think Uniregistry will continue to operate the platform or just complete shutdown?

BTW, at my point of view, Frank Schilling is a true genius in domain industry, still too young to retire. What will he be doing?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Well it looks like the handoff went off without a hitch.

•••
It looks like some of Uniregistry staff is moving to UNR, which are no longer related businesses, as Godaddy now owns Uniregistry.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/louis-pickthall-59941283/

Uniregistry has the potential to be great, but they people there also to be able to get the job down, let's hope Godaddy has some new hires on the way.

Off Topic Godaddy has waived redemption from day 18 to 30 I believe in an effort to help people dealing with covid hardships, so kudos to them for doing that.

Last edited:
•••
We purchased Uni to be able to help larger customers and their dashboard and site, domain manager etc is not going away any time in the near future. We are very thoughtfully working towards making the experience best in class for large portfolio holders. This was a piece of that. We hope you will be delighted with the things to come and that they will make your lives easier and help your business improve.

I think we have a good handle on the issues but feel free to put anything you know of here. We have been meeting about it and want to make sure that the new experience is ultimately an improvement over both platforms.

Now I learned the near future = 3 years.

As part of the Uni integration with GoDaddy, we will be retiring the Uni Market, parking platform, self-brokerage service product and Uni App for market account management on April 18, 2023.

Last edited:
•••
The question I asked 3 years ago will come true. I feel sad about it.
GD just bought competitors and destroy them. The victims never get a happy ending.

•••
Ok, I can understand that will be not a market we can go on dan, GD auctions, etc. But what with parking where some people get revenue accounts will be just closed? GD will not come with help to connect uni parking with afternic or gd? sounds incomprehensible.

•••
Theyve had marvelous premium parking serving XX USD clicks. I will just switch to Bodis, I do not wish to have Afternic parking as substitute.

•••
Yes, can't even compare uni to afternic, because it's so many bugs on afternic and support is useless not care about any new domainers. And also uni has much more information on parking with graphs and some other option. I would truly recommend moving afternic on uni that would be really nice, but unfortunately not chance for this.

•••
I have one name with them - is it safe there?

•••
Hi folks,

I don't know if there is anyone fool enough like me to give Afternic a try. unfortunately, I did. And I like to share my story here.

1. After migration, my domains only showed blank pages. I had to email them several times to get it fixed. During that time, I felt their representative are not very acknowledged. Their response sometimes sounded stupid. I had to explain them very sample things.
2. Their EPC is much lower than Uni. Reported visitors are also lower. The revenue is 2/3 less.
3. When it is time for payment, I received nothing. I dropped them an email to inquire. A few days later, got them the following response. Probably a few folks are familiar with it.

"Thank you for contacting Afternic Support!

We see that you are inquiring about the status of your parking account and revenue.

Please note that your cash parking account has been suspended.

It appears that at least one of the domains in your account exhibited one or several of the following issues:

– Suspicious or anomalous traffic patterns
– Click fraud
– IP fraud
– Continued low- or poor-quality traffic
– Chargebacks from our feed providers
– iFrame violations Per the Afternic Terms & Conditions [afternic.com/legal], your parking account has been disabled due to one of the reasons above and earnings will not be paid out to you.

Your Afternic seller account is still active, and you can list domains for sale there, but they will not be parked with Afternic. This is all the information we can and will provide you with. Your parking account will not be re-instated, and you can no longer park your domains with Afternic.

If you have any further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us again! "

Sounds bullshit? I've been working with Internettraffic/DomainNameSales/Uni for over a decade without an issue. They did a GREAT job. They found and solved the problem quickly while Uni never found in a decade.

I already heard their reputation sucks, yet I still gave them a try. How silly I was. I wasted a few month. For those who might give it a try, think again.

I miss Uni. Will Frank build something again?

•••
From what has reached my ears, Afternic is deleting legitimate parking accounts

This can't be done in this soft way
It is a serious problem that affects the lives of many people, many of whom living off parking

Something drastic has to change in our industry for the good of all

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back