IT.COM

registrars Uniregistry breaks record - Over 1.5 Million registrations in a single day

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
"This was an amazing thing to watch," said Frank Schilling, Managing Director of Uniregistry. "I have been in the domain name business for more than 15 years, and I have never seen anything like this in a single day. A mix of new customers to Uniregistry.com and our existing customers bought .xyz names, and other great new extensions, in bulk. We designed our systems for this type of event and are pleased they worked well. These registrants now enjoy the best management tools in the industry for managing their new names."
Schilling noted that sharp domain name investors were leading the registration push. "The most successful domainers leap in when opportunity presents itself," said Schilling. "Low cost domains present a one year runway to refine a domain portfolio that will appeal to the next generation of domain name owners. The internet continues to grow globally, and as new users come online daily, they all will want great domain names. We created tools for domain investors to find and unlock value in these new domain names, and we were gratified to see many of them seize this unique opportunity."..
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sure it was a bunch of cheap XYZ's.. Still, congrats to Frank on breaking the record! :)

•••
Quality ............over quantity please

•••
Some of the delays were system wide, XYZ registry level, not just Uniregistry.

"Registering over a million and a half domain names in a single day necessarily means that customers are uploading large lists of domains to check for availability. Our registrar platform not only managed availability checks and registrations on a massive scale, it also did so under heavy loads, as many customers managed their queries and purchases at the same time.

UI at Uni was OK, I was first time user, and unimpressed with the bulk check. So I did bulk checks at Name, download, sort, then went to Uniregistry with pre-filtered list to buy. Worked a treat : smile :

•••
Am I the only one who didn't register any ...even after knowing about this offer..
by the way, 1.5 million registration in a single day that's awesome..

•••
•••
Am I the only one who didn't register any ...even after knowing about this offer..
by the way, 1.5 million registration in a single day that's awesome..
Nope.

•••
Do people use .xyz with domain names or somewhere else?

•••
I would like to know the percentage of drops .xyz experienced after they put their .xyz domains in people's accounts without their permission last time around.

•••
I would like to know the percentage of drops .xyz experienced after they put their .xyz domains in people's accounts without their permission last time around.
Good question

•••
•••
It's just not about the business (sale) value. The registry was able to accommodate 1.5 million registrations on a single day. Thats a milestone.

its a bit like facebook in a way in as much as facebook is pushing boundaries in finding out how many people can use one website etc that site could almost break the internet if it gets much bigger?

but it takes a website like uniregistry to break new records in domain name registration records to test its capacity and its ability to expand to cope with all the new gtlds due to be registered

•••
Yesterday I've seen over 100K domains removed from the zone file. Crazy. Didn't check if they were recent (revoked) registrations.

•••
The achievement itself most certainly deserves acknowledgement, so well done guys.
How ever I am interested to see how this affects the value of XYZ's next year - opinions reserved and I hope for the best.

•••
revoked domains for sure!
they did say ~200k deleted domains after all! it's right on their twitter page.
they said this only 2 days after promo ended!!!
I assume this # only grew each day.. maybe still keeps growing!

Last edited:
•••
That's a lot of crap domains!

•••
No matter who says what, it's a great achievement for a single day volume!!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back