Dynadot

question Will developing an expired domain name will get any issues later on?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

netaxisjai

Impact
I purchased a domain that matched with the service I wanted to develop. Once I purchased the domain, I started to develop my project with a name and logo that is as same as my domain name. Recently I found a page on Crunchbase and on other old webpages about an expired service created by an LLC and had a less than 100k invested through VC.

It had offered a similar service but with the same name and domain name that I use now. That service has stopped in the year 2013. Although there are similarities in service, name and domain name, my project was developed with our own design, content, and branding.

Now, I want to know if it is okay to provide a similar service with the same name and domain name. Or shall I have the domain name and the service name in plural?

For example,

The domain name is example .com, will it be okay if I purchase and use examples .com, which is also available.

Thank you
Jai

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back