Dynadot

discuss Will Chatbots and Alexa remember your Domain Name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

offthehandle

.Top Member
Impact
https://yalantis.com/blog/what-you-need-to-know-about-chatbot-development/

I have no hands on experience or usage of these chatbots or bots in general for my own applications. However, since they have spread in development and applications, It seems like a great tool for younger developers to create ways of bringing advertising or promotional efforts for driving traffic outside of these walled garden social platforms to websites and domains if hard coded and customized. It also seems like a great business opportunity that they could be used to get out of the search monopoly of g oogl e and face bo ok dependency of users, so perhaps normalizing search outside of the normal realms.

Bots could be designed for specific vertical markets to log, collect and aggregate "disposable" information on demand that is not indexed, that is rogue, non-mainstream, not controlled by large corporations, etc. I am just thinking this is great stuff. The cost of data storage could be minimized, sure the crawl is not instant but neither is a "perfect search".

Most bots from what I have blocked and observed seem to be hosted under AWS, these are the scrapers and indexers. All doing similar things, but what could be possible is perhaps not being worked on. Sure AI will advance, but in the meantime....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back