Dynadot

survey What is your highest Alexa ranking website or domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Recons.Com

Top Member
Impact
Most domain investors are idea people, but don't implement their ideas.

It helps them with coming up with great business idea, as you need to have it, to identify that certain domain can be suitable for a successful business, but that is where it normally ends.

On the other hand, many business owners don't have clue about value of a great/good brand, and yet, they are often doing fine, because you can still have profitable business with a bad brand and you'd be clueless how much you are losing by not upgrading.

But, I am sure there are quite a few among us that do both well or have such a great domain that ranks amazingly even without any development (or because of the past development by someone else).

So, let's share our most successful one(s).

My top one is Alexa top 50K (48,520 as of today). It is a news website with over 100K articles, gets over 350,000 unique visitors per month (around 20K per day).

URL: https://aze.az

alexa-aze-az.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow, my dream but low ranking here but my high .
Airlines.at

•••
Wow, my dream but low ranking here but my high .
Airlines.at

Thank you! You'll get there :)

6.25M is a good start. And domain is good too. Is it for Austria or you are going with "at as @" angle?

Also, the website there says JetRadar. Are you using a third party app? Normally, it is good idea to have the same there as the in the URL.

•••
Yes, I stay at the moment in Austria. So .at . It’s a partner program with travel payouts . Doesn’t earn anything at the moment but who knows :)
I wish I had your kind of rankings . Totally cool

•••
Yes, I stay at the moment in Austria. So .at . It’s a partner program with travel payouts . Doesn’t earn anything at the moment but who knows :)
I wish I had your kind of rankings . Totally cool

The problem with yours is that it is not proper partner program with hidden/neutral provider. It says right there "jetradar", so you are probably losing lots of potential audience/sales because of that.

•••
I have another one that "broke" into top 1MM of Alexa:

https://elix.com is listed at 993K.

Aze is already at 46.2K

•••
My top one is Alexa top 50K (48,520 as of today). It is a news website with over 100K articles, gets over 350,000 unique visitors per month (around 20K per day).
I don't care about Alexa but I love to knew how much money it's making?

•••
I used to own a website with a handful traffic only 25 article. It was making me $50 to $70 per month. But I sold it to another investor because of greednes.

The last time I checked it's Alexa ranking it was no where in there rank as it was getting only 30 to 45 daily visitors.

•••
I don't care about Alexa but I love to knew how much money it's making?

It is grossing over $2K, minus around $1K in expenses per month (content, servers, scripts etc.). This is Russian language website though. If I had that kind of traffic on elix.com for English content, I'd be already making over $10K/month.

Here is the thing though: If I double my traffic, my revenue would probably double, while my costs would be up maybe by another 20-30%. Hopefully, I can increase page views by 5x within 12-18 months.

•••
Mine is this:

Screenshot_20190913-082100.jpg

Highest rank it's been is under 50k. It was always my dream as a kid to have a website in the Alexa top 100,000 worldwide. I've done it now.

400,000 users in the last month. 4.22m in the past year.

Last edited:
•••
Unfortunately this is true.

Most domain investors are idea people, but don't implement their ideas.

It helps them with coming up with great business idea, as you need to have it, to identify that certain domain can be suitable for a successful business, but that is where it normally ends.

Also true..

On the other hand, many business owners don't have clue about value of a great/good brand, and yet, they are often doing fine, because you can still have profitable business with a bad brand and you'd be clueless how much you are losing by not upgrading.

•••
Mine is this:

Show attachment 129045

Highest rank it's been is under 50k. It was always my dream as a kid to have a website in the Alexa top 100,000 worldwide. I've done it now.

400,000 users in the last month. 4.22m in the past year.

That is ... impressive!

Was its traffic higher when it was 50k? Or just Alexa getting it wrong?

Alexa has bias for the countries where it's browser addon is more popular, like India etc.

If the majority of your traffic is high quality western, you will probably rank lower than you should.

•••
Thank you. Yes it was higher traffic when it was 50k. The site is hosted on AWS so I assume they use the data from that to rank sites as well..?

•••
Thank you. Yes it was higher traffic when it was 50k. The site is hosted on AWS so I assume they use the data from that to rank sites as well..?

I doubt that. They'd need explicit permission to do that, also they charge for the chance to provide true info )) Weird, right? )) But, it is Amazon, they'll try to squeeze a dime from everything.

All info comes basically comes from the Alexa browser addon and some countries don't care about those.

What is your traffic profile?

•••
I've got some joke sites in the top 100k

I don't think alexa rank is particularly relevant these days.
It took a few years of crazy traffic for anything to show up.
Not much good if it tells you a year after something gets big.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back