Dynadot

Wild West Domains Reseller

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
How do you setup to become a Wild West Domain Reseller Account? I signed up for a Godaddy Pro Reseller account but that doesn't seem correct?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
That's what I signed up for. So maybe that's right. Just thought I would have a wild west domains account number or something. Maybe I need to actually go through the setup more, just wanted to see if anyone actually uses this and can tell me if that's right or wrong.

Been many years since I created one but based on the pricing on that page looks like the right thing and I don't see any other links regarding reseller plans so pretty sure that's it.

•••
wild west domains is the gateway to using the godaddy API so you can integrate it into a website. As far as I know...

•••
Here's what I found out.

Sign up as a Godaddy Reseller and any domain you register under that reseller account will be under the Registrar of Wild West Domains.

We all know that you can't push domains between Wild West Domains and Godaddy. I wanted to know if you could push domains between reseller accounts. Unfortunately, you can't push domains between reseller accounts, only accounts under the same Reseller.

Why do this? There was a domain that I was trying to acquire, but it had the dreaded 60 day lock on it. The only solution is to wait and transfer the domain out after the 60 days or sign up an account under that Reseller account, which you could then push the domain.

Hope that helps someone in the future as I had a difficult time finding this information.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back