NameSilo

Whypark problems

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Anyone else experiencing problems with Whypark? Namely servers downtime is approaching the ridiculous.....

I'm getting fed up of having to re-verify the sites with Google - approx 200 out of 300 today, and about 100 a week or so ago; not good.

Another problem is the duplicate content. I've seen some sites wiped out from Google recently (previously being page #1) and the only explanation I can find is the duplicate content.

My main reasons for going with WP were the (virtually) free hosting, and the content creation.

Previously I've been an advocate of Whypark, so this thread is to offer balance from my viewpoint; feel free to add your experiences.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I went to check my google Sitemaps and I also have 10 of my 55 sites that need to be re-verified. I'm a bit confused. What's the reason for this happening?

I havn't been using WhyPark for the past 2 weeks so I can't say anything about downtime. I think that my WhyPark sites have not been crawled by Google for at least 2 months.

GIL

•••
All 87 of my sites are still verified. You guys leave your meta tag from google installed all the time, right?

•••
nscoville said:
All 87 of my sites are still verified. You guys leave your meta tag from google installed all the time, right?

Yep

•••
GILSAN said:
I went to check my google Sitemaps and I also have 10 of my 55 sites that need to be re-verified. I'm a bit confused. What's the reason for this happening?

I havn't been using WhyPark for the past 2 weeks so I can't say anything about downtime. I think that my WhyPark sites have not been crawled by Google for at least 2 months.

GIL

That was 1 week ago. Now I go to Google Sitemaps again and notice that 33 of my 55 sites are not verified. (they were all OK last week). I have no clue why this is happening.

I just checked my Statcounter and noticed that Googlebot has been crawling on some of my WhyPark Domains and to my amazement some of these that had been indexed several months ago are no longer indexed. I've only checked a few and am gonna have to see the rest. Is it this possible that this can happen?

I mean domains that were previously indexed by Google and now nothing?

Has anyone else verified if they have a similar situation to mine?

GIL :-/

•••
All of my WhyPark Google Sitemaps are ok.

•••
GILSAN said:
That was 1 week ago. Now I go to Google Sitemaps again and notice that 33 of my 55 sites are not verified. (they were all OK last week). I have no clue why this is happening.

I just checked my Statcounter and noticed that Googlebot has been crawling on some of my WhyPark Domains and to my amazement some of these that had been indexed several months ago are no longer indexed. I've only checked a few and am gonna have to see the rest. Is it this possible that this can happen?

I mean domains that were previously indexed by Google and now nothing?

Has anyone else verified if they have a similar situation to mine?

GIL :-/

The thing about losing verification is a known Google Webmaster Tools glitch. Happens every now and then. If you don't do anything, generally it clears up in a week or two. Or you can go back and try to re-verify (if it will let you) I am reasonably sure it's just a reporting problem, and not a verification problem I have 150 sites in my Google Webmaster Tools account (and have had them there since the first day they announced it) and this happens to me all the time, and I just leave 'em and they clear up.

Dropping out of the index is another matter. There is a toolbar pagerank update going on right now, and so there is some upheaval in the index. Things to look at:

- Does GWT report any problems with any of the sites that dropped completely out of the index?

- Have you checked the site command both with and without the WWW?

- Are your entire sites de-indexed, or just certain pages?

- Are those sites listed ok in Yahoo and MSN?

- Any dupe content or backlink issues? Are you using Whypark content, or your own? I have one Whypark site I put up ten days ago, but I'm using entirely my own content, and I just noticed it's now ranking #6. I don't think I'd have gotten that if I'd used their content.

If all else fails, and the pages don't come back in a few days to a week, then get some fresh eyeballs to take a look at one or two of them, and see if there's something there you're missing.

•••
netmeg said:
The thing about losing verification is a known Google Webmaster Tools glitch. Happens every now and then. If you don't do anything, generally it clears up in a week or two. Or you can go back and try to re-verify (if it will let you) I am reasonably sure it's just a reporting problem, and not a verification problem I have 150 sites in my Google Webmaster Tools account (and have had them there since the first day they announced it) and this happens to me all the time, and I just leave 'em and they clear up.

Dropping out of the index is another matter. There is a toolbar pagerank update going on right now, and so there is some upheaval in the index. Things to look at:

- Does GWT report any problems with any of the sites that dropped completely out of the index?

- Any dupe content or backlink issues? Are you using Whypark content, or your own? I have one Whypark site I put up ten days ago, but I'm using entirely my own content, and I just noticed it's now ranking #6. I don't think I'd have gotten that if I'd used their content.

If all else fails, and the pages don't come back in a few days to a week, then get some fresh eyeballs to take a look at one or two of them, and see if there's something there you're missing.

I forgot to mention that when I went to Google Sitemaps and clicked on an un-verified Domain the following message appeared:

Verification status: NOT VERIFIED
Last attempt Oct 27, 2007: We were unable to verify your file due to a server timeout

Nutmeg, I now feel better that it also happens to you and that the problem is with Google Webmaster Tools. I will wait for a week or two, as you sugested to see if it normalizes by itself. If not, then I'll re-verify them again.

As for the "Dropping out of the index" problem, today I re-checked the same domains and they appear to OK now. your idea that "there is a toolbar pagerank update going on right now, and so there is some upheaval in the index" appears to on target as to what probably happened!

I use smartpagerank.com which shows Indexed pages and Backlinks amongst other info

Appears to be OK now even though I hav'nt checked all domains. I do notice that Googlebot did not index more pages from what previously was indexed. Could this be due to the fact that all my WhyPark Domains do not have original content? All domains are using WhyPark content

Yes in some cases. Again smartpagerank.com shows this info

Netmeg, thanks for your invaluable information that has helped me understsnd and feel more relieved about this problem.

GIL

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back