IT.COM

Why outbound may fail

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
The easiest way to contact a potential buyer ( from an average size business) is to send a message at their website
Most likely the return address will be from gmail, yahoo, or hotmail.

Then the message is rejected because of DMARC policy.

If you are sending an email from Yahoo, you need to use Yahoo servers. So you need to login to your Yahoo acount and send an email from there. But you don't know recipient's email, so you can't do it.

I don't understand how it works, but I suspect a few companies have extreme control over many internet services. So if you are an internet user, you are also a facebook user and not aware of it. If so, this is very scray and disgusting.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Your post confuses me. Seriously, the whole thing confuses me. :xf.confused:

Last edited:
•••
You find a potential buyer.
Click contact link, and use the form there to send a message.
Use a gmail, or yahoo email as return address.
Then the message is not sent because of DMARC policy
(although it appears that the message was sent, it is returned to sender's email as an undeliverable message )
Because a message from @yahoo.com was not actualy sent from Yahoo when the user was logged in.
So someone has power to block our messages.

Last edited:
•••
You find a potential buyer.
Click contact link, and use the form there to send a message.
Use a gmail, or yahoo email as return address.
Then the message is not sent because of DMARC policy
(although it appears that the message was sent, it is returned to sender's email as an undeliverable message )
Because a message from @yahoo.com was not actualy sent from Yahoo when the user was logged in.
So someone has power to block our messages.
Filling out a form on a website is NOT the same as sending an email. The form is sent locally from the website to the recipient. NO verification of DMARC/DKIM is done of your email because it is a locally hosted form, not an email program on your computer or device. A LOCAL MTA program is often used to send if it leaves the website and goes to a remote server recipient, but the sender is on the local server you filled it out on, not your email address.

Last edited:
•••
It is pretty simple IMO, people don’t want to be fucked with about buying something, we seek out what we want to buy, it isn’t like people aren’t aware that the domain name of their company is registered, or a name they want, and with the likes of undeveloped.com and the large assortment of sale page platform sites, they will contact a person if they want to buy a name.

Persuasion works on a minority of people, the rest just sigh at the email.

I get a box full per day, from the large retailers, down to the many millions of web developers, begging for money, and it is pathetic too, pitiful.

•••
It is pretty simple IMO, people don’t want to be f*cked with about buying something, we seek out what we want to buy, it isn’t like people aren’t aware that the domain name of their company is registered, or a name they want, and with the likes of undeveloped.com and the large assortment of sale page platform sites, they will contact a person if they want to buy a name.

Persuasion works on a minority of people, the rest just sigh at the email.

I get a box full per day, from the large retailers, down to the many millions of web developers, begging for money, and it is pathetic too, pitiful.
We have in Spain a law which we don’t allow to be in any data base to be spamed of seo programmers seo builders and seo seo seo... and a lot of more spam emails. We just register on a website called listarobinson and we automatically are kicked out from all date bases regarding of all our emails phone and adress we registered there... I know a lot of people may find us by other ways, but at least when they use their tools while they find “end users” ( us ) we don’t appear. I did and the seo spamers and others emails just reduced from 120/daily to 0-3.
In addition we have a tool that allow us to be protected and in case they insist in contacting us we warm them they will probably get reported and fined by the law.
Just wanted to share... hope it helps somehow

•••
Spamming and sending legitimate messages are totally different things. If I spend 15 minutes to contact a company and offer them something they would probably be interested it, and not send the same message to others, it is not a spam. It is called outbound. Many people do it 100s times more than I do, and receive many likes here.

It looks like we should never give a yahoo or gmail or a hotmail address as return address, otherwise messages may not be delivered. Not read, and not delivered are totally different things. Buying a lottery ticket and buying a fake lottey ticket are completely different things, although probably the outcomes would probably be the same.

I'm also tired of "indian webmaster" spam. They mention my newly registered name in the subject line to make me open the message, which is cheating, and they send the same message to everyone. Also some scammers ask me to renew domains I dropped years ago.
indian webmaster spam, may not be spam when the recipient buys only one domain, and they may be offering a legitimate business although it is done in mass email form; but for us domainers it is pure spam: we receive it too many times, and we are not interested in development.

Collecting user data via scripts can also be considered as spam. I call it, reverse spam. It is worse than spam, and everyone is doing it as of it is a legitimate thing.

•••
Back