NameLot

An ideal outbound email

Labeled as discuss in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by Arpit131, Jan 9, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. frank-germany

frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician VIP

a link increases spam likelyhood

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. frank-germany

that is probaly not true

3. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

And please don't spam another domainers like me...
    Do research before you send any emails...

4. Joe Nichols

Joe Nichols Common sense consultant VIP

@frank-germany mentioned a concern about being flagged as spam if you do this.

That seems like a reasonable concern, especially when you consider that anyone with basic email security knowledge knows not to click on links from unknown/untrusted sources.

I avoid including links, but will sometimes instruct the buyer to visit the url directly if they would like to make the purchase.

5. Randolph

Randolph Reverse Engineer

In the sense that most don't know what triggers spam filters, saying more may trigger flags. In most cases, say what you need to say.

(If you feel spammy, you're probably being spammy.)

This is a quick read about deliverability, it includes more of the technical aspects but can be applied to a simple gmail account and has a couple links to spam checking tools: https://matterapp.com/blog/how-emai...t-killed-matter-what-brought-us-back-to-life/

Domaining is a business. The amount of people that avoid using their email signature, unsubscribe links, and templating is mind boggling.

I understand we don't want to seem like a squatter on first-go, but you're more likely to get an answer/click-through if they can find your business, website, contact info just under your cold email. Once they hit your website/pixel, you can then re-market them or interest them in another domain that fits them better.

If you've ever received an email from a broker, you'll know that they always have a professional email signature. They email 100s-1000s of people a day and rely on conversions — copy them.

You don't need to seal the deal on the first touch. Just get that first answer back.

6. capiche

capiche Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Agreed.

I’ve noticed when I’ve use links they more often than not go directly to spam... or at least I assume so because the email never gets opened.

One thing that has worked for me when I put the domain name in the body of the email, is I separate the domain from the extension with one space ...

DomainName .com

It keeps it from automatically being converted into a link, and the potential buyer is smart enough to get the point.

I’ve noticed these emails get opened more, and I’ve sold quite a few this way.

7. ArielT

ArielT Top Contributor VIP

Or also you could use example dot com

8. frank-germany

when you want to know if your email triggers spam or not
    simply send that email from extern to your gmail account

you will be surprised

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice