Dynadot

Why GreatDomains puzzles me

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Badger

Ravaged By AgeVIP Member
Impact
Offered GD many premium .coms over the last couple years, most got rejected and then I subsequently sold, one of them for $20k

Just bought a domain that is already listed (by the original owner) with GD and has a current asking price of $5k. I just paid $9 for it at afternic....

Lucky buy or is GD blinkered beyond belief?????

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GD mystifies me as well.. don't understand their game plan at all, if indeed they even have one..

•••
ya..GD has..just..i dont know. i really dont think the left hand knows the right hand.

i trie to post led.cc with them, they rejected it.. i assume because it is a .cc, but have you seen the crap .cc's they have listed? i mean..something is very friggin off in their thinking.

•••
They're rapidly making themselves obsolete/pointless. Forget about them, they won't be around much longer.

•••
I agree.. some of their choices (and valuations) are a joke. I'm almost embarrassed to have my names listed there.

johnny6 said:
They're rapidly making themselves obsolete/pointless. Forget about them, they won't be around much longer.

•••
i thought that it was good to have a name there, but then after trying a few .ccs which i have: celebration.cc and neon.cc, i have decided to give up in such a stupid site.

•••
collieri said:
Offered GD many premium .coms over the last couple years, most got rejected and then I subsequently sold, one of them for $20k

Just bought a domain that is already listed (by the original owner) with GD and has a current asking price of $5k. I just paid $9 for it at afternic....

Lucky buy or is GD blinkered beyond belief?????

What was the $9 name? ;)

•••
•••
Definately a deal!! I can understand what happens, though. I have 6 or 7 names that were listed at www.GreatDoamins.com, for anywhere from $5,000 to $12,000. Now they are at www.Sedo.com, listed for $500 to $1,000. Don't even know if I can get that. GreatDomains is like one big hope. If you sell one, like you did, great!! But, if it didn't sell, then it's back into the real world. It just depends on how good you really though your names were, and how long to want to hang on to them. I won't be giving any of mine up soon. I don't care for www.Afternic's Bazaar for that exact reason. A lot of good names go for nothing. I don't think it helps the value of domains overall. But, of course, that's just my opinion. On the other side, it makes for great deals, like you found.

Frank

•••
Thanks, Frank- That's really helpful. I have one already listed at GD for $15K, and another one to post soon (one of these days) for $20K. Of course, it makes you optimistic, but I want to stay realistic.

I agree about the Bazaar: it devalues some solid names. What about afternic itself? Do you think Sedo is superior for the $500-2000 sales?

Lastly: Ian, I think you got a spankin' deal on realism.tv. !!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back