IT.COM

discuss Why Dot Web?

NameSilo
Watch

DnEbook

DataGlasses.ComTop Member
Impact
In the past I have read that dot web will be one of the more successful New Gtlds? But we already have dot net which is basically frowned upon by most domainers .........why will dot web succeed when the other 'neutral' dot net seems doomed ??
~
Will you invest in this extension?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What are the benfits of .gdn ?? ....... I have no idea what it is supposed to mean??
@brandnow as explained by @mad409 it stands for global domain name. So it is a gtld like .com .net etc. I personally would by anything to the left of the dot for this extension. I actually did a lot of study on this one and found a lot of information about it on blogspot [dot] blogspot [dot] com. I think any one would be happy to buy it for not only their company but also categories and subcategory or their niche and products.

•••
@brandnow gdn stands for global domain name. As it is a gtld so it is for anyone and everyone. You can also have a look at their video better understand gdn. I hope this will help you. :)

•••
@Nem0
Everyone on here, opinions and thoughts are allowed except mine? To those members that come around and swing by and dislike opinions on certain members; you are races and you have behavioral issues. You presented yourself the same as your image. You are not happy with your life, this is a sign that you are in pain. I'm so sorry... that your world is a.messed

•••
I have paid for my last worthless domain and never again would I follow the crowd B-)

•••
If in 2012 ICANN had decided / announced that beginning in 2014 they would allow the release of one new TLD every two years and .WEB would be the first one, I believe .WEB could have been a big winner. However, now that we seem to be heading towards 1000 TLDs that are not even needed, a .WEB release is not going to garner nearly as many registrations. After 15 million new TLDs, who has money to buy more domains? In recent months, many new TLD registries were offering initial registration promos as low as $1 each. Registration volume spiked but a year later registrants will be faced with a huge renewal bill. There will certainly be drops but new TLD launches are going to have a difficult time as domainers will be focused on trying to keep their best domains and selling the rest - not buying names in yet another extension. If I had a choice between...

.WEB
.CLUB
.TOP
.LINK
.XYZ
I would choose .WEB but I would still value .Net over .WEB and have been pruning my .Net portfolio for years now as sales are irregularl and usually low $XXX. There are too many extensions given the current lack of end user demand for aftermarket domains in anything other than .COM.

•••
I would value .Net over .Web, I feel like .Web will be the next big thing. My chances though of registering any good .Web names though? Probably 0.

•••
By the way, do we have any idea at all when .Web will become available?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back