IT.COM

question Should non-profit .org owner own the dot com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have a question.

Should a non-profit .org website owner buy the dot com for their non-profit organization.

They have a high traffic .org website with Alexa ranking under 100k.

They are doing millions of dollars in business dealing with high net worth companies.

The dot com is a parked page and also gets high traffic with Alexa ranking under 100k most likely most of the traffic leaking from the dot org

How can you convince .org to buy the dot com for only $10k

When i tried to explain the leaked traffic and emails coming to dot com, they said if our customers are looking for us, they will eventually find us after going to your dot com and finding nothing there.

I don’t know why but i feel like only domainers understand this and big companies still have no clue and there is no way to explain this to them.

They just don’t understand.

Anyone else have any luck explaining this or know how to explain this to them.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
To change their mind must be complaints from their members/customers...
I don't see other way.

•••
they said if our customers are looking for us, they will eventually find us after going to your dot com and finding nothing there.
Some oldschool sellers offer Adult content on such domains...
If standard methods don't work.

•••
Should non-profit .org owner own the dot com

Hi

the title above is much different, than the questions below:

Should a non-profit .org website owner buy the dot com for their non-profit organization.

still, should they own the .com version of their developed .org site, is basically up to them.

it may not be a necessity to have, from their perspective
and if it was, then maybe they would have inquired about it.

imo...

•••
Ethics and other considerations aside, non-profit organisations simply do not put funding towards these things.

It's (almost) never a good investment if your end users are non-profits.

Most wouldn't even want their .com for free. It's just more admin.

•••
Why will you sell a domain for $10k to a nonprofit? I will give it for free. they will use the $10k on a better thing

•••
They are doing millions of dollars in business dealing with high net worth companies.
LOL that sounds more like a cheapskate for-profit company faking it's identity as a "non"-profit. Better just keep the name for the parking money while slapping 10k at afternic, just in case they're pretending to "not need it".

•••
I have seen TONS of 5F sales to the so-called non-profit organizations...
They always have BUDGET due to their sponsors, even if no yearly profit.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back