Domain Empire

new gtlds Corporate Giant with New gTLD Explains What, How and Why It Chose New Domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
NEW YORK, NY – Canon Inc., a multinational corporation headquartered in Japan, is one of hundreds of global corporations which have applied to operate their very own domain extension on the Internet. These new web addresses, specifically, this one, .cannon, will serve as one of potentially several official sites for the Corporation for ensuring users are on the actual Cannon site as it is an internet address only Cannon will be permitted to use. Other more common addresses people typically expect end in .com, .net, and/or .org – those already well saturated in the minds of web surfers for years.
cannon.jpg
The corporate site’s web address explanation page closes by letting users know that it will be introducing more global .cannon sites as time goes on so there should be more of these new .cannon sites coming soon – but just trying to find the site as it is now creates several different options for me listed on the first page of Google to choose from such as usa.canon.com, shop.usa.canon.com, canon-europe.com and now cannon. global.fullquote]Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We will see a lot of corporate domain branding in future!

•••
Looks like the writer was getting 'canon' and 'cannon' mixed up throughout the article. Wonder how much that mistake happens.

•••
Looks like the writer was getting 'canon' and 'cannon' mixed up throughout the article. Wonder how much that mistake happens.
Canon or Cannon, who cares anyway :xf.cool::xf.grin:
On Cannon.com you will find a serious company from Italy :xf.smile:

•••
If you visit their site, you will notice that plenty of links (from the menu) still point to canon.com.
And their .com domain name is old (1990), what's the point of moving when you've been forever known under .com.
They are trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

•••
If you visit their site, you will notice that plenty of links (from the menu) still point to canon.com.
And their .com domain name is old (1990), what's the point of moving when you've been forever known under .com.
There is always a problem...:xf.smile: and sometimes when there is no problem people tend to make it :xf.grin:

•••
NO SURPRISE: NGTLD BASHERS ARE IN BIG TROUBLE :ROFL:

Last edited:
•••
.brand makes sense, because they can't be spoofed as easily.

Perhaps one day they become mainstream, I don't know.

But, they are irrelevant to domaining.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
What, you mean like the problem of innovation?
We will see a lot of corporate domain branding in future!
It is nice, except we will never be able to invest into those. And if all a corp has to do is create a branded extension, generic product extensions such as .cam or .camera could be useless for investors. But...but but but...it is good for G awareness in general :)

•••
I guess they just have a vision of future..
And there will be more and more large multi billion company doing so..we all need to get used to it :)

•••
to me as and end user - my perception is they are changing their name to Global Canon, :wacky:

•••
to me as and end user - my perception is they are changing their name to Global Canon, :wacky:

Ha ha, yeah. It looks lame to me.

•••
GLOBAL.CANNON:
globalcannon.jpeg

Attachments

• globalcannon.jpeg
    globalcannon.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 52
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back