IT.COM

Why do some domains all of a sudden drop and become available for hand reg?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

rayman617

Established Member
Impact
I've been noticing some domains that I know were not on the pending delete list will all of a sudden appear on the deleted domains list. Does anyone know why this occurs and if they are manually deleted or cancelled by the registrant why would they do it, especially with a good name?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why not? Maybe the owner got tired of them.

I also wonder what your definition of a ''good name'' is.

•••
But are manual deletions the primary reason for this or can domain expiration data be blocked by certain registrars that do not have an api?

•••
I think the pending delete list is made with crawlers and if it has access. They aren't just given a list and not all registrars give access, might be wrong though.

•••
If it's a newly registered domain that dropped then you should look whether the registrar is one of those that provide domain 'tasting' (ie. they allow 90%+ refund on a new registration as long as the owner keeps the domain for only a limited amount of time).

..or it might be that domain could have dropped due to the outcome of some legal action.

...or maybe owner re-considered what a 'good' domain really is :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back